0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: BeatsAlert.whatever

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  09:51 AM     Edit: 11-Feb-03  |  09:54 AM   -   BeatsAlert.whatever

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'd like to ask for a little help from you guys. As you are all avid dance music people, I feel that this is a good place to look for this help. As my final major for my current course in IT I am designing a web based dance music notification system that basically notifies users on a weekly basis of any events within their chosen area of dance music and within areas of the coutry that the users are willing to travel to. The users are able to specify which styles of dance music and which artists they wish to keep up to date with and also to specify which areas of the country they are willing to travel to. This is so that only information regarding relevant events is sent to the users.

Now, if you were to use a system like this, what would you like it to do? I have included a couple of user requirements below to get you started. Please be serious though, as this accounts for 3 modules. I know I can trust you guys ?!?  

Thx in advance.

Steve.

* Easy to use interface.

* Fast, simple and straightforward, etc.

* Wide selection of preferences covering most dance music genres, famous artists, clubs and encompassing the UK’s major areas.

*Ability to specify and alter these preferences whenever so desired.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

Dominic

This is a good idea Steve. I'm gonna have a little think about this during today. Nice one. Will post when my hangover goes away.

Message 3/7                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

Dominic

Back again. I'll probably keep doing this so bare with me.

I would find it useful to be able to search under DJs. ie to find out if Saunder Klienenberg is playing in London anytime soon.

I know that alot of DJ agencies have websites that list their DJ's bookings up to 3 months ahead so maybe you could use this. Also I think that the agencies would see your service as free press and pr so maybe they would start e-mailing you their roaster of DJs dates.

Also I wonder if you could also offer a feedback service. ie get someone who is using your website to possibley e-mail you and then ask them to do a little review of the night (maybe for free entrance). That way you could start setting up a score and points system and give the nights a special mark out of 5 or something.

That way you could offer a bang up-to-date service rather than clubbers having to wait till 2 months after the night to read the reviews in a magazine.

Dunno if I'm getting a bit carried away but there's a few ideas. Will post some more in a bit.

Message 4/7                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

Dominic

You could call it "Glance-A-Dance".com. (he, he, he).

Message 5/7                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

money cheddar

How to get it to work for dance fans. Request a (DJ or club) night. Your database would have users favourites and frequency - this could guide agents to book in a place/area, feedback and frequency would give qualitative/quantitative data for more significant analysis.

Don"t ignore SMS. The big difference the mobile telephone has made is that there is much more chance you can change tonights schedule (and tell everyone else) - rather than in the old days when you were in a shit club and swore not to return, or the opposiote that you find a chestnut and tell friends and gop there next week phone allow you more to respond to whoever is in the best place. If you track the info you can build demographics live to guide visitors to tonights hot night

Phone tip. Call emergency empathy. Give GPS / physical location in the club and description and any listeners/helpers can come find you and give you a cuddle

Message 6/7                 Date: 12-Feb-03  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

Steve Roughley

Nice one guys. Some good ideas there. I particularly like the idea of getting information to the clubs (reviews and club/dj popularity statistics) and allowing the promoters themselves to update their listings. It is in there best interest after all.

So I think I am going to create an admin screen for promoters and will also collect various information from research to present to the promoters (such as how much users spend evry night that they visit, which DJ's the like at any given time etc.)

Any more ideas?

Regards.

Steve.

Message 7/7                 Date: 12-Feb-03  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: BeatsAlert.whatever

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

User rating of clubs with 1-5 ratings for things like sound system, friendliness of club, things of that sort. Getting carried away maybe. Leaves the door open for disgruntled spam but it might work.

And Keyword: Pongoid

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum