0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  10:32 AM   -   Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

BBC Radio 1’s House music policy is a damn disgrace. It’s embarrassing really. Judge Jules Saturday night show is the equivalent of “Noel Edmonds House party”. Basically it sounds old, tired and the track selection is so god damn cheesey. Also, “The Judges” presentation style is rubbish. Why does the BBC have to “dumb down” all its house shows? Seb fontaine who hosts the 7-9pm slot is no better. He has the worst taste in music ever! Mr Fontaine, didn’t you know that ploddy prog is “so 1999 darling”. And don’t direct me to Lotties or Yousef’s shows, cos if I wanna hear 2 hours of “dubs” then I’ll go upstairs and just play the “B sides” of my records. Yawn. Pete Tongs show is Okish but still over rated.

All the house bods are the laughing stock of the dance music fraternity. All the other styles on BBC Radio 1 have quality, well-respected DJ’s hosting their shows. People who are passionate and instrumental in their particular scenes. I.e. Jungle, Garage, Chill Out, Eclectic etc.

Radio One programmers, get some new house DJ blood into our house music shows. How about replacing Judge Jules with Norman Cook and sticking Danny Howells in the 7-9pm slot?
I’m off to superglue my radio dial to Jazz FM 102.2.

Adios.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Anex

Lol, Noel's house party 

Message 3/7                 Date: 13-Feb-03  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Jock

Damn, you just conjured up old nightmares of Noels House Party. If ever there was an example of milking something to death, then that was it. It was just a magnet for third rate tired old celebs.

BBC has been dumbing down for a long long time. Its a crime to pay over £100 a year for the odd decent Horizon, Have I Got News For You and They Think Its All Over. Coz I cant think of anything else worth watching on there anymore.

And if I see that Ainsley Harriot grinning through my TV anymore I am gonna go out and stab the nearest pensioner to death.

Message 4/7                 Date: 13-Feb-03  @  11:27 PM     Edit: 13-Feb-03  |  11:28 PM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Steve Roughley

Aaahhh, good ol' Jock. You make me laugh    

Although, BBC have just shown an episode of Weird Nature, where monkeys were getting pissed and falling over and fighting, while jaguars and reindeer were eating mushrooms and vines which bloody well made them halucinate!!! I would happily pay money to see that again.  

Steve.

Message 5/7                 Date: 13-Feb-03  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

influx

Link?: Link

you guys have to pay for BBC?

Message 6/7                 Date: 13-Feb-03  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

Jock

Yeah, we pay an annual license fee. Its about £112 pounds I think. It covers TV and Radio. You HAVE to have a TV license. Even if you dont watch BBC, or listen to the radio. Even if you dont have an aerial connected and just use a TV to play video games or watch DVDs you HAVE to pay the TV license fee. For that you get to watch BBC channels without any commercials. In the past few years the quality has really gone down hill big time. BBC are trying to compete with the commercial channels and win the ratings war. But by doing this they have sacrificed the quality.

Its pants man.

Message 7/7                 Date: 14-Feb-03  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Radio One and House is a Disgrace

psylichon

Link?: Link

my GAWD. I thought our tv industry was fucked!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum