0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Kings of convenience

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 07-Feb-03  @  11:30 PM   -   Kings of convenience

Anex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A friend of mine just introduced me to their 'Quiet is the new loud' album. Can't stop listening to it! It's not electronic or dance but hey, we all love music right? Shame it isn't a fantastic recording but the songs are just sublime.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 08-Feb-03  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

milan

Link?: Link

what is it then? give us a link somewhere

Message 3/10                 Date: 08-Feb-03  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

proximus

They are cool, they live in my town   They even went on the same school as I.. but not at the same time though

Message 4/10                 Date: 09-Feb-03  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

Anex

Also amazon have a few audio samples but your gonna have to use copy & paste for this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056MYN/ref=sr_aps_music_1_1/026-3743921-7961210

Message 5/10                 Date: 09-Feb-03  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

milan

hmm. sorry, failed to see the genius of their music, gotta love their pr blurbs though:

"A delicate piece from the hit-single "Toxic Girl..."

"Another piece of a master-piece from the second single..."

"Perhaps the most beautiful song ever written?"

Message 6/10                 Date: 09-Feb-03  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

Anex

Heh not sure about that. Still, your loss  

Message 7/10                 Date: 09-Feb-03  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

milan

yeah well, what can i do.. i'm simply not "feeling" it at this point in time...

Message 8/10                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

woxy

Kings of Convenience ROCK - er.. in a kind of chilled out way of course. I got the remixes of their Quiet is the new Loud - "Versus"? is that what its called?

Anyway - the Royksopp mix of the track on that album - the name of which currently escapes me - is WIIICCCKKEEEDDD. Lends some perfect production to a beautiful song.

Quiet is the new Loud is a couple of years old innit? I guess they have new material on the way soon?

WOXY

Message 9/10                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

woxy

Link?:  Link

the track i was on about is

'I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAN SAVE YOU FROM'

love it

Message 10/10                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Kings of convenience

Anex

Oh yeah, I only know the original but it's a lovely track. You should check out the original too.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum