0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: sp 808ex owners!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 22-Jan-03  @  06:20 PM   -   sp 808ex owners!!

citizen_s

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

do any of you know if recording the filter fx's internally is even possible?? im pulling my hair out trying to figure out a way to do it and if its not possible im gonna kick my own ass.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 23-Jan-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: sp 808ex owners!!

timothyallanmusic

Link?: Link

Ya, you can record it. But you have to select it as an effect. you CANT resample the master filter. I dont have it in front of me, but scroll through the effects list until you see iso/fil or something along those lines, then set the effects to INS RECORD, and resample away  

tim

Message 3/6                 Date: 23-Jan-03  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: sp 808ex owners!!

citizen_s

so youre saying that its possible to use iso/fil as an effect on patch A? as in iso/fil is actually an effect in the fx processor.. ok. i can see that... but what about on patch B where the ACTUAL filter is. is there anyway to sample the patch B filter internally without using the fx processor?

i mean i know you have to have the fx indicator light on to use either the fx or the iso/fil. but shouldnt you be able to run the sample through the filter and back through a channel to resample it?? :-/

sorry if that didnt make any sense.. lol this is getting a tad frustrating.

Message 4/6                 Date: 24-Jan-03  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: sp 808ex owners!!

timothyallanmusic

ya you can resample after going through the filter, but only when you use the iso/filter as an effect. You CANT run the sound through the master filter and resample/record it (internally anyways). It will sound like you are recording it, but when you listen to the track, it will sound exactly the same as the original.

That master ISO/Filter in B is for 'live' use only, and cannot be recorded.

and BTW, the FX version of the Iso/Filter is identical to the 'master' A iso/filter. It is kinda ass backwards.

I think their logic was to have a cool effect like a flanger running in the fx processor, they you'd hit the A->B button, crank down the cutoff or bass or whatever, hit the A->B button again, and you would have your flanger back, without having to change patches and lose your tweaks.

clear as mud?  

tim

Message 5/6                 Date: 24-Jan-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: sp 808ex owners!!

citizen_s

thank you soooooooo much tim!!!!

jesus... im so happy!! im not insane and im not an idiot!! lol i thought for sure i was missing something from the manual and it allowed you to record the filter internally on B. shew..  

well knowing that i can get back to memorizing the location of all 40 trillion fx possibilities on the processor.. :p

thanks again. that answer seriously made my day.

-justin

Message 6/6                 Date: 24-Jan-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: sp 808ex owners!!

timothyallanmusic

hehe no problemo Justin. That 808 was my first piece of gear, and it took a while to get my head wrapped around it. For a 'groovebox', its pretty deep.

Have fun!

tim

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum