0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: bjorn lomborg

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  09:53 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  11:27 PM   -   bjorn lomborg

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have allways been a bit of a fan of some of Bjorn Lomborgs theses but I am absolutely shocked by the recent events surrounding the Scientific Americans slanderous attack on Bjorn Lomborgs' book "The Skeptical Environmentalist". He has been challenged by four 'scientists' who were 'chosen' by the Scientific Americans' editor specifically to launch an attack on his book. I do not feel that such a challenge is necessarily a bad thing. However, the way that this has been handled is an abomination and is exactly the sort of crap that Bjorn is trying to fight.

The attack involved an 11 page document written by the four scientists in question, but Bjorn has been denied any decent chance to defend himself. The Scientific American stated that Bjorn would be given just 1 page to form a rebuttle to the 11 page article, and when he created his own defence to be published on his own site, he was threatened with a law suit if he did not remove the publication from the Internet. Not only that, but when Greenpeace co-founder and former International Director DR. Patrick Moore published the response on his site he too was threatened with a Lawsuit from Scientific American, who stated that the article interfered with the selling of their publication.

What a load of crap! I have allways like the idea of the world of science being a debate-laden one, especially in areas as important as environmental science. Lomborg has been a breath of fresh air for the all-too-pretentious and accademic world of science. And this kind of attack is the cause of so much that is wrong with science today. So please support Bjorn Lomborg by reading his response to the attacks and if you can, help to distribute this article on the Internet. I know that it sounds like I work for a Free-Lomborg organisation, but I'd just like to help get up the nose of the Scientific American over this problem.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  11:52 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  11:52 PM   -   RE: bjorn lomborg

Breakerbox

Link?: Link

thanks man... I think i am going to buy his book sometime soon.

Message 3/5                 Date: 11-Jan-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: bjorn lomborg

Jock

Jeez, all you guys think about is these overpaid football players.

P.S Does Bjorn still play for Arsenal ?

Message 4/5                 Date: 11-Jan-03  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: bjorn lomborg

k

Link?:  Link

nah man he transferred to Bolivia Dynamo CF

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: bjorn lomborg

Jock

Wow, it sounds like a medical condition.

"ere, mate, dont go near him. His got Bolivia Dynamo CF".

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum