0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: big, big, big respect

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  10:27 PM     Edit: 08-Jan-03  |  10:29 PM   -   big, big, big respect

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

In light of the program this evening which recounted the very successful assault on the embassy in the eigthies (only eleven, ELEVEN minutes), I just thought that the SAS and the SBS deserve a very BIG shout! These guys completely sign their lives away in every respect and in a fashion unlikened by ANY other military organisation (save maybe the nutty Gurkhas) to uphold the security of this (UK) country. They are a very special group of people and deserve more praise than they are given.

Good work lads!

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  12:30 AM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  01:05 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

pict

Link?: Link

What about,among other things, when they're shooting unarmed people dead in the streets of Gibralter.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/61/009.html

Message 3/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

bedwyr

well, i'm no supporter of uk intervention in ireland, but see the sas going around knocking off ira members the same way i see the ira going around killing british army soldiers in irealnd, it's war innit, people get killed. the three in gibraltar weren't there to check out the monkeys.

Message 4/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

BJT

I have bigger respect for that Chinese dude who stood infront of the Tanks parading in the streets all those years ago, shopping bags and all.

Message 5/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

pict

'Twenty-five Principal Methods of Torture used in Holywood and Girdwood Barracks':

1. Placing a man in 'search position', single finger of each hand to the wall, legs well apart and well back, on the toes, knees bent, for prolonged periods;
2. heavy punching to the pit of the stomach to man in 'search position';
3. kicking the legs from under a man in the 'search position' so that he falls to the ground, banging his head on the wall, radiator or ground;
4. beating with batons on the kidneys and on the privates in 'search position';
5. kicking between the legs while in the 'search position'. This is very popular among the RUC officers and they often do it for periods of half an hour or an hour;
6. putting a man in 'search position' over a very powerful electric fire or radiator;
7. stretching a man over benches with two electric fires underneath and kicking him in the stomach;
8. rabbit-punching to the back of the neck while in 'search position';
9. banging the head against the wall;
10. beating the head with a baton in crescendo fashion;
11. slapping the ears and face with open hand;
12. twisting the arms behind the back and twisting fingers;
13. prodding the stomach with straight fingers;
14. chopping blows to the ribs from behind with simultaneous blows to the stomach;
15. hand squeezing of the testicles;
16. insertion of instruments in the anal passage;
17. kicking on the knees and shins;
18. tossing the prisoners from one officer to another and punching him while in the air;
19. injections;
20. electric cattle prod;
21. electric shocks given by use of a machine;
22. burning with matches and candles;
23. deprivation of sleep;
24. urinating on prisoners;
25. psychological tortures:
(a) Russian roulette
(b) firing blanks
(c) beating men in darkness
(d) blindfolding
(e) assailants using stocking masks
(f) wearing surgical dress
(g) staring at white perforated wall in small cubicle
(h) use of amphetamine drugs
(i) prisoners are threatened; threats to their families, bribes offered, false confessions are used.[5]

Message 6/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

pict

I agree with that BJT.

Message 7/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

d

tsk tsk, are you coming on to me?

Message 8/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

bedwyr

yes pict, all atrocious and illegal, but i don't see what it's got to do with the british government killing ira members on active service, you pays yer money ...

i don't think the ira themselves thought that they'd get treated with kid gloves when they decided to go to war with britain. killing and torturing civilians is another matter, on both sides. as is whether violence is the answer to any political problem. they've nearly stopped killing each other in sri lanka, hope it catches on.

Message 9/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

pict

Bedwyr my point is that the SAS are not necessarily worthy of respect(unless you regard the aforementioned behaviour as worthy of respect)being as they are a tool of extreme violence for the British government who sometimes(oftentimes?)wield that violence in hard to justify ways.

Message 10/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

influx

Link?:  Link

I wouldnt even claim to understand the insanity over there, but...

to me, Steve Roughley sometimes =s the UK equivalent of good ol boy Formant 

Message 11/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

psylichon

And there's nothing wrong with people like that. Or else no one would have any armies. Oh wait...

psy

Message 12/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

Jock

Hats off to the SAS. I certainly couldnt make the grade. However I am suprised that Lewis Collins out of The Professionals was tough enough to get in. Not only are the SAS a highly trained anti terrorist unit but they also find time to run an airline offering flights from Switzerland to most european destinations at competitive prices. You have to admire them for that alone.

Message 13/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  02:02 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  02:14 PM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

Steve Roughley

"tool of extreme violence"
Is that really surprising considering that their primary function is to stop those who are attempting to commit actions of extreme violence? It is truly unfortunate that the British Government does abuse their abilities, but that is not the fault of the SAS, or SBS soldiers, who, I feel, deserve alot of respect for the work that they do. Until we unite the world and create worldwide peace, blah, blah, units like this fulfill a great service and there are not many humans capable of working in these units.

Hehe, I do like the Professionals, but I would have thought Lewis Collins would be far more likely to make the grade than Sir Paddy Ashdown, who, believe it or not, actually is a veteran of the SBS. Bizarre, eh? Don't mess with the Lib Dems, or you might live to regret it.  

Regards.

Steve.

Message 14/17                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

GPC

SBS respect, my grandad was a member of the SBS and during WW2 his team basically didn't exist (and apparently still don't today) they did a lot of covert missions as well as train Navy Seals. Man some of the shit they went through is mad like getting dropped out at sea over 5 miles from land having to swim to destinations cause pilots couldnt fly close enough, doing big missions which could last months with little to no support knowing if anything happened the goverment would not help and deny you existed.

peace

Message 15/17                 Date: 11-Jan-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

Dave Numan

Thats nothing, my Uncle used to be in the Tubeway Army.

Message 16/17                 Date: 11-Jan-03  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

steef

I was in the tufty club - does that count?

Message 17/17                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: big, big, big respect

David Prowse

If its stopped you from being run over by a big truck then yes, it must of counted. Well done.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum