0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Homemade TR909 clone

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  04:18 PM   -   Homemade TR909 clone

t

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Finished my TR909 clone at last. Samples and pictures are via the link above.

What's it got to do with the TB-303? Well, erm... erm.. well, there is a picture of it syncing my '303 with the internal MIDI/DIN sync converter :o)

/Trev

t@introspectiv.org

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

Maarten

Wow Trev, nice job!

Message 3/9                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

Mindspawn

Very cool. Very, very cool...

Message 4/9                 Date: 14-Dec-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

k

Link?:  Link

FUCK ME!!!!!!! - that looks alright man!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9                 Date: 14-Dec-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

k

Link?:  Link

how much are they?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9                 Date: 14-Dec-02  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

bedwyr

50 squids for the pcb, you gotta get the rest yourself, extra tenner for the eproms i think.

it does look well smart, good job there trev!

Message 7/9                 Date: 14-Dec-02  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

t

'lo

Thanks all for the kind words  

Yes unfortunately it's a 'DIY' project only that you can do using the set of printed circuit boards I've designed for it, providing you've got a fair amount of electronic building experience at least. I'm not quite sure how much it would cost when you add up the entire component list.

I keep thinking about building them up to sell but I'm not sure if I'd ever find the time to do it. Some guy in the US who runs a modular synth company has expressed interest in producing a small run of 9090's. But I dunno really.

A few people have bought the PCBs and started building the 9090 - in fact you can see my original one and Mark Smith's together here :

http://www.modulus.synth.net/synthdiy/synthdiy_2002.htm

I guess I'd be tempted to build a few to sell, but with the cost of the components, those expensive Schaeffer panels and time, the cost would probably approach that of a real TR-909 (in the mid 90's  .

I'm considering selling the prototype actually (S/N001!). Need a new car...

/t

Message 8/9                 Date: 14-Dec-02  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

milan

nice one trev. looks good to boot.

Message 9/9                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Homemade TR909 clone

OnAcid

Link?:  No link

Very nice clone Trev.

I've been following your website for the last year? and I'm really thinking of building one myself. The only problem is that I'm an electronics newby. ;)

A desktop case would be nicer too. But that's not really important...
It's the sound that matters and nothing is wrong with that.  

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum