0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: One of those tracks...

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  07:12 PM     Edit: 28-Nov-02  |  07:13 PM   -   One of those tracks...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm interested to hear if anyone has one of THOSE tracks. Written by someone else, that you and all of your mates went mad to and seems to sum up a period in your life. One of those tracks that even after years since, still brings back smells, atmospheres and emotions that you had completely forgotten.

I've just been going through my old tracks and found Lydian and The Dinosaur by Phil K and Andy Page. It's only two or three years old but at one point, it was everywhere. At all the clubs we went to. And we loved it. I still do. And it reminds me of all the nights that we were experiencing. And what a damn fine track it is too.

Anywho, rant over.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Maarten

Link?: Link

I can relate, think everyone can... there are lots I guess... first that comes to mind is Hale Bopp (not sure 'bout spelling) by Der Dritte Raum- ahh the sweet memories, my time of misbehaviour.

Message 3/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Maarten

routemaster rec. "new wave of acid-techno"...

Message 4/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

influx

Phil K and Andy Page, eh?

Im so out of the loop

would you possibly be able to rip it and put it here just so I could hear?

Message 5/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Steve Roughley

Give me ten minutes.

Steve.

Message 6/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

influx

cool!

Message 7/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Steve Roughley

Sorry, it's quite big even with encoding and a bit of editing (namely removing 3 minutes off of the start), so I'm uploading it to my university project website. It looks like it will take a little while on my snail connection, so I'll give you a shout when it is done.

Steve.

Message 8/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Steve Roughley

OK, look. My server is really getting on my tits. It keeps aborting my connection after I have uploaded about 75% of the track. So here is the link to the unfinished mp3:

Lydian and the Dinosaur

Unfortunately, it misses out the best bit, but I'll sort that out tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Enjoy  

Steve.

Message 9/13                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

milan

phew... i had plenty of those, but probly not a single one of them a dance track (certainly none that spring to my mind as i type). hearing a dnb remix of Mentasm sparked some memories between a bunch of people once, but... not really it.

mind you, i did remember a 200+bpm acid gabber track from an illegal party when i heard it months later at a club. no one believed me untill i told them in advance whats going on in the track later on.

Message 10/13                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

V

creamy

i might err, but this is on the most recent Digweed MMII (stateside)

Message 11/13                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

cheddar

Link?:  Link

manamana

do do do-do-do

Message 12/13                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

BJT

LATD by Hifi bugs is three years old?...jeepers.

Message 13/13                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: One of those tracks...

Steve Roughley

Yeah, I dunno when it was released, but I heard it at the end of '99.

What a record!

Steve.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum