0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: 100 best selling...

Viewing all 44 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  12:00 AM     Edit: 17-Nov-02  |  12:53 AM   -   100 best selling...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Good to see Queen at No. 3 for Bohemian Rapsody. But putting all those other records together like that and understanding that they are owned by a great deal of the population... I mean... Christ! Psychotic springs instantly to mind.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

R.A.T.

I got bored and got on my PC instead. What was no1 ?

Message 3/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

j-type

Link?:  Link

didn't see past Queen @ 3 but #1 must surely have been that Elton John Diana tribute single.

Message 4/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  11:23 AM     Edit: 17-Nov-02  |  02:20 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Roughley

It sure was. Elton bloody Twat-Face. You know those people that you just absolutely hate with a deep visceral passion... well... what I'd like to do to Elton bloody John (grrrrrrr)   (And Ant & Dec while were at it!)

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Moujik

I think it demonstrated how sad that it was the biggest SELLING records - Stevie Wonder only getting on there with Just Called To Say I Love You....

Wot, no Abba?!

Message 6/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Def Z

Abba can rot...

Message 7/44                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Reginald Dwight

Hey go easy on that Elton John fellow, I heard he makes some phat tunes, he did the score to Disneys "The Loin Queen", and all that stuff about him drinking his own sperm thru a straw from his lover David Caresh's ass is a vicious rumour. And anyone who likes flowers and has such exquisite taste must be ok I reckon.

Message 8/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

psylichon

Link?: Link

yeah, he's funny 'cause he's gay.

grow up, reg.

psylichon

Message 9/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

xoxos

i like how he works david khoresh in there.. you can bash him for being a bible thumper, but don't bsh him for being a seperatist 'weirdo' or i'll smash your bloody face in.

yeah! let's get that social engineering going!

Message 10/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  11:40 AM     Edit: 18-Nov-02  |  11:44 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Roughley

Bash who for being a Bible thumper??? I just don't like greedy elitist prats!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 11/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Reginald Dwight

Well there's being gay and then theres being GAY shout it out from the rooftops and make a big issue out of it. Anyway lighten up it was humour. It just makes me laugh the way he goes out of his way in interviews to slip in references to his sexuality, I could care less, after all how many other gay or straight artists do it? Its pathetic. I simply do not like the tosser, not because he's gay, but because he is a conceited, self centred has been prick who irritates me the way he acts like a spoilt child.
We clear now?

Message 12/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Roughley

A-fuckin-men!

Steve.

Message 13/44                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

psylichon

yah, we're in agreement now

psylichon

Message 14/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

influx

psylichon the PC police.

LOOK AT ME IM GAY!

woohoo

Message 15/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

psylichon

you're gay influx?

it just struck me as funny that someone would rip on E.J. for his sexual preference. i mean, comeon, there's plenty of good material to make fun of the man just looking at his catalog.

just trying to take it back to the music...  

psylichon

Message 16/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

xoxos

oh that's double plus funny, especially if he deserves it!

that's fucking evolution at it's finest, wankers. you guys are like diamonds, really.

Message 17/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

99devils

Yeah, just look at those fucking shades, man..

Worst. Shades. Ever.

-Craig

Message 18/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

Elton John's "Rocket Man" is a bad ass tune!!!

Message 19/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

influx

no Im not gay

Message 20/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Ghost

I heard that EJ had a birthday party or something, and he wore this extremely elaborate headdress/hat that cost $75,000....

it was so large that he had to be transported to the party in the back of a truck..... what fun!

I always dug "Madman Across the Water"...

Message 21/44                 Date: 19-Nov-02  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Roughley

$75,000 for a fucking head wig mate!!! Need I say more! It is this blatant disregard for the value of human labour that pisses me off soooo much. Spoilt, Arrogant, Greedy Twat! Regardless of talent, this is a perfect case for Euthenasia if ever I saw one!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 22/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

xoxos

well, that's something to work with. now, just think about all the mums and dads who think elton is spiffing and who raise their children to think elton is spiffing.. don't you think it's high time for meme hygiene?

Message 23/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

Wow! You haters!

Message 24/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

bedwyr

who cares about elton fookin john? the guys a parody of himself by now. *yawn*

so he sold all those singles? as boy george said on the program "there's nothing like a bit of bad taste to unite the masses"

Message 25/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

John, Sting and Collins are national treasures and should be respected.

Message 26/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

cheddar

by order of...

Message 27/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Loopy

Joan or Phil?
Ahh UK pop, dominated by either OAPs or Schoolkids, bring back Clive Dunn "Grandad, Grandad, lovely, thats what we all think of you" CLASS and kind of appropriate for all those has beens that still insist on boring us with their twee "songs"

Message 28/44                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

influx

"John, Sting and Collins are national treasures and should be respected. "

Phill collins, DEFINITELY

STING, YES

Elton John?

PAFF!

Message 29/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

brentym

admittedly, the sight of seeing my dead (or so i thought) friend Frank drinking Kool-Aid(TM) out of that Penzoil (not so TM'ed) can on Monroe and Central threw me at first...

but then, i thought (TM), why not? we're not spring chickens anymore...

Message 30/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

Why not John Influx?

Message 31/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

influx

no real reason why not John...guy has written some AMAZING songs. NO two ways about it...

just cant get with the extravagance.

ever see sting or P.C. lookin all faffy? no. They all write good music but for some reason EJ just has to go that extra mile...scratch that...that extra NAUTICAL MILE;).

Message 32/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

Fair enough. I accept your point. :-)

Message 33/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

cheddar

John Wayne was a fag...

Message 34/44                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

bedwyr

nautical? they're all sailors at sea.

Message 35/44                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  06:16 AM     Edit: 30-Nov-02  |  06:19 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

psylichon

Just read this article in the news:

"

Elton John trashes new Bond theme

Elton John has branded Madonna's single, "Die Another Day" the worst Bond theme ever, reports London's Sun.

John said movie bosses on the Pierce Brosnan blockbuster would have been better off asking Shirley Bassey, or Sir Elton himself to record a song instead.

"It hasn't got a tune," John said. "James Bond themes are usually very camp and this one's different. It is the worst Bond tune of all time."

"

Now, I tend to agree with the fellow (though the track is cool and trippy, it definitely doesn't have the cliche lines and general vibe of a Bond theme), but who the flippin' fuck does EJ think he is? And to offer such a humble replacement. This man's arrogance is as amazing as his songs are crap. Why does he have to say anything about Bond Themes...to the press no less? He has absolutely no authority on the subject.

Maybe he would do better... seeing as all his shit is "camp."

Made me hate'im more. Dumbass...

psy

Message 36/44                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

influx

cheddar...?

he was a racist bastard, too. your point is?

like JW was some sort of hero?

not in my world

Message 37/44                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

milan

bond tunes are camp? :-O

mm... a view to a kill... now there´s a james bond tune, eh?  

and sod elton "lookatmeimfriendswiththequeen" john!

Message 38/44                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

bedwyr

worst ever? aha

Message 39/44                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

psylichon

You can almost hear the Simpsons' Comic Store Owner character saying it.

psy

Message 40/44                 Date: 02-Dec-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

Steve Webster

Elton John has every right to slate a bond theme. He is one of the british greats you know.

Message 41/44                 Date: 02-Dec-02  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

bedwyr

heh

Message 42/44                 Date: 02-Dec-02  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

cheddar

Check out "Repoman" with Emilio Esteves and directed by Alex Cox

Message 43/44                 Date: 02-Dec-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

xoxos

"the forbidden zone" by someone who took acid.

Message 44/44                 Date: 02-Dec-02  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: 100 best selling...

bedwyr

repo man! classic! don't forget harry dean stanton who was in paris texas too.

Viewing all 44 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 44 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum