0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: What interface for A5000 Hdds

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  07:56 PM   -   What interface for A5000 Hdds

TiC

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well i am about to get myself a hdd for my yamaha sampler and i am just wondering wich of the two interfaces that will give me the fastest acces time. I am asking cuz i have heard rumors about the SCSI option actually being slower than the IDE interface (wich is very strange considering how it usually is)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: What interface for A5000 Hdds

psylichon

Link?: Link

well, if it's SCSI-1 then I think that's limited to 10MB/s, which is certainly slower than UDMA IDE hard drives (33-133 MB/s).

psylichon

Message 3/5                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: What interface for A5000 Hdds

influx

SCSI is WAY slow in yammys

get the IDE.

Message 4/5                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: What interface for A5000 Hdds

TiC

Link?:  No link

how bad is it cuz i relly would like to change the crappy floppy to a zip drive or can i have two ide devices at the same time

Message 5/5                 Date: 20-Nov-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: What interface for A5000 Hdds

influx

the zip can be SCSI only I think...?

its much better than floppy thats for sure

why not throw a scsi zip in and then an IDE internal HD?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum