0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Cool Speedy J Interview

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 28-Oct-02  @  06:05 PM   -   Cool Speedy J Interview

ctmc

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

at the link on the head of this message....

"...I never do arrangements..." heh...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

panama

Link?:  No link

What is essential for processing sounds?

"Nothing is essential. I use anything that s
up sound. Analogue, digital, anything. I use
lots of compression and EQ, and I use stuff
which is not made for processing sound like
wordprocessors and photoshop etc. "

anyone have any ideas on what he's on about
here?

Message 3/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

Pongoid

Listen to some of Speedy J's stuff and you'll exactly what he's on about. Speedy J is sick. COmpletely out of hand. His stuff has to have some of the loudest nastiest sounds I've ever heard. Check out 'A Shocking Hobby'. AMAZING music.

Ape

Message 4/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

influx

Link?:  Link

how the hell does a word processor tweak sound?

Message 5/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

psylichon

theoretically you can use any stream of data to generate sound. It just takes an algorithm.

Ever take 2-100 samples of any track and loop it? Wonderful waveforms. You could make a complex wave out of your resume and play it. Or use the text stream from a Word file and translate it to 8-bit MIDI data to modulate parameters of a pulsing pad.

Alternative controllers aren't talked about much nowadays beyond knob and slider boxes, but there's a fanatic group of electro geeks who love this shit. A class I took at Berklee had a demo of a Nintendo Power Glove this guy wired up to transmit 3 streams of controller data at once (one for each axis), with one-shot sample triggers for the buttons. It was sick stuff. I still have my power glove back home in the attic somewhere...

Listening to Speedy J now. Don't hear a word file yet but it's pretty damn cool.

psylichon

Message 6/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

ctmc

Word...listen to this guy.

I wish Speedy J would come to Detroit.

Message 7/9                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

Mindspawn

Lots of noise enthusiasts have been doing the "non-audio" processing for years. Take a bmp file and turn it into a RAW file for instance (simply change the .bmp to .raw) and play it in sound forge or sumpin'. Very evil noises. Some stuff just sounds like... well, noise, but some images will give you some very tasty sounds. Lots of progs can be used to torment a poor audio signal... Dr. Jest is in the house.....

Message 8/9                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

Bastiaan

yeah...he loads raw audio into photoshop and then fucks around witht the different filters: contrast, colours etc before saving it back as raw audio.

Message 9/9                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Cool Speedy J Interview

proximus

woah.. fascinating way of working

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum