0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/29                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  09:10 AM   -   I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

bought a sampler because you said so, bought a sequencer because you said so, gonna buy a pc because...

now how do i keep from totally turning into a studio rat? i took a week off from work and i havent done anything but tweak and rtfm and find loop points and recable and AAARGGHH!!! I HAVENT EVEN GONE TO THE BEACH OR ANYTHING!!! (tropics=beach weather all year round) i went to ONE party, went to the mall once...shit..i used to have a life, i used to be an ordinary guy...now my back is shot, im out of shape physically, im broke, i stay up all nite and sleep till noon and f*ck if i have the killer tunes to show for it...worse its back to work on monday...

"i tried so haard...and umm um uh..." you know, the linkin park song

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/29                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

Maarten

Link?: Link

Life in the sonic domain is cruel eh?

Message 3/29                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

xoxos

it's overrated really, darling.

Message 4/29                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

errata

you should have done these things because you wanted to. Now you're saddled with an unhappy mail order bride. My advice? Find a ditch in the woods and bury her there. As long as none of your friends or family knows about her, you'll be all right! Soon you'll be selling insurance and buying a home in the burbs...

And except for those wierd nights when you stop by the gravesite, alone after work, and think of what you've done, you'll be a happy fool!

e

Message 5/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

Guy Ritchie

I hear you Chroma; you just need to pack it away for a few weeks and get out for a while.

Message 6/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

influx

its all about scheduling, man! Youre just in the honeymoon stage...feel like you gotta take it all in at once

its a cool feeling. Nice thing is that when it fades its not like things dont feel so good..they just dont take as long to get to where you want em, so you have more time to do other things!

life is OUTSIDE, too!

Message 7/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

chroma

its really just me trying to justify the expense and trying to put a decent, respectable live set together so i can get some xmas party action...im gonna be a FLEM by CHristmas if it f*king kills me!

Message 8/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

damballah

you're into this just so you can get a little stinky on your lap?

Message 9/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

flem?

{clearing throat}

psylichon

Message 10/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

errata

Pongoid coined it: "F*cking Live Electronic Musician" FLEM!

I'm in it for the stink, aren't the rest of you?! (Bewildered)

e

Message 11/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

Well, I just bet a stamp collection wouldn't be as interesting on mushrooms.

We all need a hobby that fits our lifestyle.

psylichon

Message 12/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  01:32 PM     Edit: 18-Oct-02  |  01:33 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

dARKSTATe

Its the flashing lights... they're hypnotic... your studio is alive and it feeds off your creative life energy.. feeding and feeding and feeing until...

..You become a UK garage producer... ;)

There is no turning back... bring out your dead... save yourselves...

Message 13/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

Maarten

Hmmm, ok that does it, I'm selling all my stuff.

Message 14/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

chroma

um i dont have that many flashing lights...i have about $200 more to spend.. what can i get that has flashing lights?

Message 15/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

Maarten

christmas tree, one which responds to MIDI. hmmm, this is lame.

Message 16/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

errata

No one listens me to me, but still I ramble.

Get 2 (not one not 3) lava lamps. put them next to your monitors and dim the lights! Oh yeah... boom chigga waga waga!!

e

Message 17/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

proximus

lavalamps are cool (I have one myself) but they are so standard in every homestudio... it's almost cliché

You also need a light dimmer...hehe

Chroma, just make something and don't care if it's good or not. Just make it for fun and have fun making it..

Message 18/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

yeah, parodies are fun. We should have a parody contest. That'll get us using our gear for something at least :}

psylichon

Message 19/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

errata

Hey! I have a light dimmer too! And a blacklight intalled in the ceiling on a seperate circuit! hmmmm, maybe I'm just old!

Paint it black! And then have your friends come over and graffiti the crap out of it! And paste rave flyers for all your shows all over the ceiling! And put up some serious hardcore Hentai manga sh*t where the demons are just workin' some sailor moon character!

Oh, and don't forget the little statue of buddha necxt to the mixer!

e

Message 20/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

proximus

cool, I need blacklights. I wonder if they will release a synth with flashing blacklights instead of usual leds.. hehe.

Or an analog synth with a lavalamp that shows how hot the circuit is.. how's the filter flavour today?

I want a magic 8ball that has knobs too.

Message 21/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

moonunit

a van der graaf generator is what your looking for. I scored two vintage "Stoned Again'" velvet posters, mint, for a buck each. one over each monitor, it'll be lovely.

ahh, 'shrooms season .....

Message 22/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

I wouldn't recommend taping posters over your monitors. Might affect high frequency response.

Message 23/29                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

moonunit

he he taping... i'm getting them FRAMED !

Message 24/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  04:43 AM     Edit: 19-Oct-02  |  05:06 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

stoned again: that's r. crumb aint it

here's a little crumb for yez

Message 25/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

wow you are stoned. I challenge you to relate that post to this thread tomorrow!

psylichon

Message 26/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

damballah

moonunit sez he scored two vintage "stoned again" posters, which shows a guys head progressively melting between his hands. It was drawn by 60s SF underground cartoonist R. Crumb, as is the above picture. and "big ass" in the other thread. that's all.  

Message 27/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

psylichon

ok, you're forgiven :}

Did he do "keep on truckin'"? I saw the movie bout him but don't remember a reference.

psylichon

Message 28/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

damballah

yup, that's him too.

Message 29/29                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

moonunit

lol @ psylichon

well d, vintage i don't know really, but it reads 1975 Monarch publication and a phone number.

i'm still looking for that elusive pop garage sell where i get to say:

"how much for the shinny funny looking plastic box?"

twelve hundred bucks

and then you wake up in a sweat, screaming...

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum