0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The New American Century

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  08:43 AM   -   The New American Century

Zazza

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Jeb Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney et al.

Read and weep... the american right's agenda for the world ... from 1997 to present day.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  08:43 AM     Edit: 16-Oct-02  |  08:44 AM   -   The New American Century

Zazza

Message 3/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  11:03 AM     Edit: 16-Oct-02  |  11:08 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Oh deary me! Tee-hee-hee. Anyone remember studying the Nazi party and their political statements in history class???

Regards.

Steve.

Message 4/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

damballah

The less familiar names Wolfowitz, Bolton, Cambone, Cohen, Cross, Libby and Zakheim were all involved in drafting this "philosophy" and have positions in the administration. It was a consortium of these folks with Cheney and Dubya's daddy that drafted Dubya as their candidate, and Cheney was in charge of the committee that ended up choosing Cheney as veep. Then they pulled their coup. Go ahead and vote green or libertarian so that these guys are unimpeded in the senate, they'll luv ya for it. (Not like those dems showed much spine on this, they're scared of being branded unpatriotic or soft on terrorists.)

Message 5/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

Charlie

dems are pawns

Message 6/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

d

brilliant, chuck. what next? "space is big"?

Message 7/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

errata

Wolfowitz is the architect. Make no mistake! He has headed a conservative think tank for years. he was the first of these, "The countries gone to hell in a handbasket" power mongers. The first to pioneer the notion that we need to take back or strategic superiority we had after WW2. And the first to say publicly that the middle east was the way to do it! All those other bastards are followers!

Just run a google search on his name. He his a fowl tasting fairy! And one which prefers the shadow of relative obscurity. He is our nations Rasputin! And George and Jeb are running in circles to do his bidding as the nation stares glassy eyed into the clockworks!

e

Message 8/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

errata

the new American Century?...

That's right, soon you'll all be eating McDonalds and wearing Blue Jeans and drinking Pepsi and Budweiser and... oh, yeah

right

e

Message 9/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

xoxos

the urbanisation (or, as double say it, 'domestication') of all humans. they can taste it!

Message 10/23                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

Zazza

what's even scarier is that stuff from this site is being written right into the white house policy documents almost word for word..

o and by the way.. china is next on the list if they step out of line... 'any attempt to attain parity or near parity with americas military position would show an outdated approach to geo-politics in the 21st century' unnhhhh... a not very veiled threat..

Message 11/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

errata

which is a terrible kind of blathering.

Nothing could be so bad for the Earth as all out war between America and China!

e

Message 12/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

Charlie

space is big

Message 13/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

psylichon

hahahah, charlie... spot on  

lets blow ourselves to bits

psylichon

Message 14/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

Pongoid

I'm still not anywhere near done thinking on this one, however certain thoughts do come to mind.

One of those being the fact that life has to grow, or die. There are very few organisms that can remain in stasis. It just doesn't work, unless you're some sort of microbe. Even creatures that sleep for incredibly long periods, either have to grow at some point, and multiply or they die. That is nature. It's irrefutable.

We have come to the point in our evolution where thoughts and philosophies have become an integral factor in the success/viability of the organism. The abilities to relate to one another, communicate, and process information in specific manners and at certain speeds have become critical to this organism's survival in its current environment and state.

Bio-diversity is also essential for survial of all life, save silicon-based.

Just some semi-random thoughts to consider.

Now, a few questions. I am asking these without having the answers, so please feel fre to reply.

Ok, imagine this: Bush is ousted, Blair is ousted, Hussein stays, Zemin stays, no military action in the middle or far east. Then what?
Is everybody going to be happy? Are we going to imagine that it's all water under the bridge and these folks will just keep building these weapons, and all of a sudden everybody will just get along as good neighbors, and nobody will expand beyond its borders anymore, ever? Will we all suddenly fall under one banner of peace and prosperity? and if that's the case, prosperity for whom? You only prosper if somebody else suffers, somewhere.

Next scenario: The UN somehow approves of the assasination of Hussein, and then puts in some interim UN guided government, and heavy sanctions are brought against China for it's participation in the production of said weapons as well as North Korea. Then what? The US is given free reign to just dominate the world, and exploit all of its inhabitants futher, with Europe licking up its table scraps? The US backs off, and the EEC manages to get a serious foothold on the exploitation of the planet?

Next scenario: MAJOR catastrophe, nuclear, biological, or xenomorphic in nature, decimating the vast majority of the planet's population, leaving us to try to start over from the ashes if there is anybody left, and we are anything more than fodder for some other organism?

Just think about this stuff real hard before answering, and please don't hand me some religious faith related bullshit, but ideas based on the real movements of the maths and logic that make up the progressions of reality. Thanks for your time. Good luck to us all, because I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that there has to be a better way than any of these scenarios, and I know we are capable of more, but to realize that potential will require action that is currently beyond the scope of my comprehension with the information available.

Ape

Message 15/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  05:36 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

influx

I see the third as what we're heading for.

Message 16/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Zazza "what's even scarier is that stuff from this site is being written right into the white house policy documents almost word for word.. " - OK so who here is working for the US policy dept? Seriously.., that's scary - I mean, musicians running the world!

Isn't it the UN charter to reduce the number of standing armies globally, could be another one, anyway really just an excuse to dine around the world.

I know you guys know but it's all just diversion, "what those busy(nosey) people want us to look at now". I find "Isn't that Elvis over there..." just as effective but perhaps not so long lasting erm... Minty fresh. Garp would say "pre-disastered" Gill Heron maybee "the tiger in your tank or the tngngng in your toilet bowl"

Pongoid, Progress, progress round... Read a SF book where the topic is attempt to expoit anciant simple insect (overlord ahh) meteroid. The story is that it develops intelligence in response to attempted attach, the point is that intelligence is NOT a survival trait.

Your Q’s
1. “these folks will just keep building these weapons” the ‘other side seems to think so”
2. That’s what the Euro is for. Do you think the US is missing the cold war and an opponent
3. Whats the Q
4. Overall comments. All will happen, our vote and selves are nothing. This is a thought experiment before. I think that if you look at the major efforts and choose 1 and work against that then the whole thing could collapse. Ask a question, does the answer answer the question, if not - ask the question. There is much spin everywhere but we have common words and common understanding. Common sense anyone?

Message 17/23                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: The New American Century

n3

Hey I read that one Cheddar. Was that in a Bruce Sterling book?

Message 18/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

milan

yes. apparently everybody has read it :P

Message 19/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

Zazza

i haven't.. is it worth reading?

Message 20/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

cheddar

isn't that the guy who did the twilight zone, or was that Rod steiger

Message 21/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

milan

well, bruce sterling is an excellent writer. that story is only a part of some compilation/collected stories on a theme. its fun sci-fi but it aint all that, he´s done much better. cant even remember the name of the book anymore...

bruce sterling twilight zone? huh?

Message 22/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

psylichon

rod serling perhaps? ^^^^

psylichon

Message 23/23                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: The New American Century

cheddar

I was taking the piss. I have not read .Sterlings books books.

As a moral creative professional I owe it to my art not to plagiarise

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum