0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: How's your CV ???

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 07-Oct-02  @  10:29 PM   -   How's your CV ???

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

a mate got this letter from a freind... it was sent in to a job application their company was running...  

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice with my bare hands. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch hours, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I write award winning operas. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I can cook minute rice in 30 seconds. I am an expert in wood panel installation and an outlaw in Peru.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless loan shark. Critics world-wide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and won the concert tickets. Last summer I toured Delaware with a roving troupe of mimes. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. People trust me.

I was scouted by the Mets. I am a subject of several documentaries. I enjoy urban hang gliding, naked mountain climbing, and running marathons backwards. I paint, juggle, and routinely compete in professional wrestling matches. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I once read War and Peace, Moby Dick and Great Expectations all in once day. I sleep once a week; when I do, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Africa, I successfully negotiated a peace between warring tribes. I have won bullfights in Spain, cliff diving competitions in Sri Lanka and spelling bees at the Kremllin. I know where Jimmy Hoffa is and have spoken to Elvis.

But I have not yet worked for your company.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

milan

Link?: Link

lol! excellent!!! i know exactly how he feels- nowadays when you are writing a cv nothing is good enough! i just might reuse parts of this for my next application  

Message 3/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

xoxos

mine's "castrate me, kill me, stomp on my head. you will have orgasms when i am dead."

Message 4/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

xoxos

i might add that it seems effective too

Message 5/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

psylichon

That one's been around a while. I think someone read that at my high school graduation 6 years ago. I wonder if dude got the job (he should for all the fame he's garnered)

What does CV stand for by the way? Yanks call them resumes.

psylichon

Message 6/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Reminds me of a Colorblind James Experience tune - Quite a guy, where he buys a trunk and it has a diary in it

"Invented the phonograph with a gasoline engine"

Top band really - if you like your country oompah - check out "A different Bob"

Message 7/7                 Date: 08-Oct-02  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: How's your CV ???

Zazza

Link?:  No link

CV = Curriculum Vitae

Which means Life's Race (roughly):

curriculum: running; a contest in running , race; raceground, course, lap; a racing chariot.

Vita: Life.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum