0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Just had to say it...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  08:45 PM   -   Just had to say it...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Now that I am getting the hang of my Virus C, I just have to say that this is the best thing I have ever bought! I can't afford to leave the house until January. But that doesn't matter now. :P

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Just had to say it...

proximus

Congratulations  

How long have you had it?

I use long time getting used to new gear.. I've had the Microwave XT for almost a year now (11 months) and I still don't understand it all.. wtf is the phase on the waves? I turn it all up or all down but it still doesn't do anything to the sound :P

I'm thinking of a way to get money for the Roland XV-3030.. maybe if I save everything I earn I can get it in january if Santa is good to me this year

Message 3/6                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Just had to say it...

influx

Link?: Link

wouldnt that be the point in the wave at which the cycle starts?

or maybe its truly a phase shift type thing?

Message 4/6                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Just had to say it...

Steve Roughley

I've had it for almost a month now. The phase will most likely control when the waves start in relation to eachother. It wont really make any difference unless you are creating shorter purcussive sounds. It just helps to make them more consistent.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/6                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Just had to say it...

milan

Link?: Link

i think youŽd notice it most if you were using two same waveforms and then tweaked the phase on one oscilator. does anything happen? and RTFM! :D

Message 6/6                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Just had to say it...

proximus

You guys might be on to something.. I just discovered the timbre of the sound changes a tiny bit when the waves has got different phase settings. If they got the same setting the sound doesn't change.. I can't hear any difference when the waves are slighty detuned, or can I? hehe, I guess I just gotta experiment with it  

*playing around with the XT atm*

Hmm.. I'm think I'm about to enter the next level of wavetable programming.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum