0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: funky drummer

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 28-Sep-02  @  11:55 PM   -   funky drummer

lo key

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.dancetech.com/~lo_key

your opionions greatly received

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: funky drummer

lo key

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/ram/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF31E6711540.mp3&dt_track_id=2273

Message 3/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: funky drummer

psylichon

very nicely done. That bass is outta hand! Would have liked to hear a little more drum variation, but the groove was great. Do you mind me asking where you got your drums? I'm looking for loops/kits/samples like the ones on this track. Is it from a library?

Yeah, I like this one, got my vote. Very Prodigy. Good job.

psylichon

Message 4/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  06:32 AM   -   RE: funky drummer

queasy00

Link?:  Link

hey..

those drums are funky! pretty cool... but i think i agree with psy.. more variation in drums would be cool [maybe drop down bits of it to "barebones" it more?].

anyway cool.. uhh.. everyone's asleep right now so i can't comment properly on the bass but it does sound cool... reminds me of...?

cool.
-j

Message 5/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  11:35 AM     Edit: 29-Sep-02  |  11:59 AM   -   RE: funky drummer

lo key

queasy i really like your Somewhere East, that got my vote,
and psylichon... whoooaa there fella.. Scratch Demo 1.. yous baad. votes all round there. excellent stuff. what is a dj if he cant scratch?

your comments: point taken on the drums.. definitly queasy, less is more. i'll work on it,
or should i say i'll work less at it !

you asked about the kits.. my drums are all old school breaks, mainly downloaded from the
web, chopped up in recycle, then into the akai and replayed. compress to taste.
try searching 'takeaway breaks' for 'researching' files. i look for different timbres
in similar sounding snare sounds to program those drum rolls. tambourine shakes to complement the groove.

thanks for your comments, hopefully i'll have some more stuff up soon. please feel free to
contact me if there is anything i can help with.

loakey

Message 6/6                 Date: 29-Sep-02  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: funky drummer

milan

not bad, but that bass seems much too loud! and yes on more variations. otherwise- good vibe.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum