0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  12:55 AM     Edit: 10-Sep-02  |  12:56 AM   -   Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Haven't written much lately, but I've been caught by a psy-trance bug. Just got DSL, too, so maybe you'll see some more files from me.

track: Psylly Goa

This one is raw straight from the synths. Needs lots of drum and fx work, but I'd like to know your feelings on its appropriateness (namely, is the chord progression in the second half too gay?)

And the sounds, of course.

Thanks for the listen.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  08:11 AM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

Maarten

Wow, well wicked sounds! I'd personnaly do something else with that bass... it drains the energy or sumtin. For the rest...wow, really nice sounds there. Would love to hear the frinished piece.

Message 3/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  08:11 AM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

Maarten

That's "finished"...

Message 4/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

Garuna

I agree about the bass... something bouncy maybe. Otherwise very good. Nice lead sounds.

Message 5/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

xoxos

nice patches.. not as fond of the way the bass steps up like the lead.. mebbe works better for goa that way?

Message 6/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

dj.dave

Thanks all for taking the time. I know it sucks listening to unfinished tracks.

The bass will be replaced today. I'll admit that's been tough for me. Right now I'm coming from hiphop, so I need to trade funky for mean. That's exactly the tip I was looking for. Something just wasn't sounding right to me...

psylichon

Message 7/9                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

proximus

Link?:  No link

very nice.. nuff said  

Message 8/9                 Date: 12-Sep-02  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

k

Link?:  Link

sounds ok to me (tha bassline)... dont like the bass keychange tho, but when it stays still, it's fine.... but mebbe add a SECOND bassline... cant you leave it alone and harmonise the climbs to it or make the bass play something NOT following the chords... and it's not fast enuff for 'trance'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9                 Date: 12-Sep-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Psylly Goa (Unfinished)

Psylichon

Damn k, yer in my head.

As the song sits right now, the bass is hitting straight roots with the kick, and later syncopating with the kick in the buildup. I'm also adding another bassline in the middle section that's a combo bassy lead and unison lead. Can't wait to finish that one....

It's also up to 150 bpm from 140. Got lots of editing to do.

psylichon

THANKS THANKS THANKS for the comments, guys...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum