0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: housey backgroundy musica

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  12:43 AM   -   housey backgroundy musica

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

new track up called "make some headway". kind of fresh for some background musica. needs a good vocal or sumtin... let me know what u think. peace

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

bedwyr

Link?: Link

remimnds me a little of swamp thing, can't remember by who, had a banjo on it. it's the bluesy/country thing in there. you do need a hook in it though, not necessarily a vocal

Message 3/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

queasy00

Link?:  Link

y'know that main lead that's going through the track? maybe try extending the gatetime on it.. with the portemento it might sound cool.

there's a whole bunch of instruments underneath that play these 4 notes... like.. one base, then high, and then repeated lower...
i dunno.. i just feel it sounds like a circus. ;(

anyway. my thoughts.
-j

Message 4/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

panama

Link?:  No link

thanx fer the listens... gosh, as I listen, it does need some sort of hook. hmmm. what could I use... I have no vocals. only synths.

queasy: do you mean just extend the note length and vary it? I did do some fake multitracking with the guitar riff like 3 or four times... is that what yer talking about?

Message 5/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

panama

i think I might do some filtering with the chorus guitar parts... where the thing goes - "dong, dong, dong, dong". do some filtering for each part.

needs a good hook tho!

Message 6/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

queasy00

yeah, just extend the note length so that they connect... it sounds like you have portemento action going.. it should sound pretty wicked [if you seq'ed it the way i think you did].

do you know what sound i'm talking about tho? i suck at explaining.. it's like... the kinda metallic/hollowish sounding thing.

Message 7/9                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

panama

yeah... I put the guitar threw a harmonic filter... gave it a cool hollow effect.

so you think the guitar part is too choppy. robotic?

Message 8/9                 Date: 26-Aug-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

queasy00

[trying to remember --i'm at work].

well, kinda what i meant was.. you could have what you have now, and for more added variation, you could try the gatetime thing.

-j

Message 9/9                 Date: 27-Aug-02  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: housey backgroundy musica

panama

yeah

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum