0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: breakstep

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  11:28 PM   -   breakstep

shylock

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I recently finished the breakstep track i have been asking for comments about in this forum before. This mix is a pretty diffrent from the one before since i reworked a lot of the track. I can be downloaded at my user page with the name magon - rude bwoy (final).

This track was made for listening to when pimpin around in theese new cars that looks like old ones(think the name i PV cruiser) that all wanabe gangster people in my hometown rides. Kind a mix of UKgarage and breakbeat with some old school hip hop samples thrown in. you heard the sounds before but not like this =)

I would gladly accept som feedback about the track and if anyone wants to compare it to the old mix(named rude bwoy preview mix) and tell me witch one you like best and why i would be happy for the rest of the week. =)

Influx: if you are reading, your comments helped me a lot when deciding what parts to throw away and what to keep...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: breakstep

influx

oh my god I helped someone!

one thing..why not just bring up the old thread

and..did you make up "breakstep"?

Message 3/14                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: breakstep

influx

hey this flows WAY better now

another suggestion...for a breakdown..small one..

keep the bass riding...for say...8 bars? and play with the filter on it...and maybe keep that filtering going when it comes back in.

only other thing is it might be a bit short? and then..at 2:15 or so when it breaks...it seems sorta..unrelated...

but honestly..this is pretty damn good man! I could see people dancin to this for sure!

Message 4/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: breakstep

panama

hey this sounds pretty good. dunno about repeat'n the vocal over and over.. needs some stutter for this type of sound... cool beats overall, better than I could do for breaks.

tru, this would be cool danceable shit.

Message 5/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: breakstep

k

Link?:  No link

lol!... it's garage Jim but not as we know it  

excellent!.. me you must have spent some nights up editing with that one innit!

Message 6/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: breakstep

Breakerbox

me likes it.. may be change the vocals a bit around.. delay it then reverse it or something or filters.. but other then that sound spretty good like the choice of sounds. good job  

Message 7/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: breakstep

bedwyr

agreed, fuck with the vocal more, and that break is a bit unrelated. o-o-o-o-nce again!

Message 8/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: breakstep

queasy00

Link?:  Link

hellooo...

listening to the final mix now..

hehe, this is funky!... i kinda like the vocal repeated over... at around the 2:10 mark where it stops and starts again.. i guess i wish it were more profound... but that's just me i guess ;)

i love how the sounds are so diverse in it too... it's just so many things, but they work.

oh.. and around 3:40.. that thing thing you're doing riding the knob on that's repeated over.. if it could be squelcyier maybe? but maybe that type of sound is overused these days.

anyway... very cool!
-j

Message 9/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: breakstep

shylock

thanks for the feedback guys!

about the term breakstep I think that some radio dj in sweden used it once when playing squarepushers my red hot car track but i am not sure i remember it right, could be something maked up in my head without myself noticing it =)

about the track i probably wont make any more mixes of it since i have worked with it too long already (if not someone want to press it of course). currently working on some dark nu-skool breaks with pink floyd vocals over it, sounds dope in my ears.

Message 10/14                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: breakstep

shylock

a google search reveals that it is a used word http://www.xlr8r.com/issue/60/dubstep/

Message 11/14                 Date: 04-Sep-02  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: breakstep

milan

for breakstep check out Bingo Beats, tru playaz´ non-dnb label.

like your track shylock, gets my vote. decent stuff.

cheers, M.

Message 12/14                 Date: 04-Sep-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: breakstep

knowa

this is sooooo much better than the first one. the first one annoyed me I think it was the vocal. I'm still not crazy about the "once again" sample but overall I really dig this. do check out bingo beats.

Message 13/14                 Date: 04-Sep-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: breakstep

influx

"a google search reveals that it is a used word http://www.xlr8r.com/issue/60/dubstep/ "

heh. so cuz a magazine said it?

grunge anyone?

my only point was that...just let the music speak for itself. People go way too far outta the way to try to distinguish themselves, when the only really true way to do that is to put what you got out there and see if it stands on its own

Message 14/14                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: breakstep

shylock (at uni, mot logged in)

Link?:  No link

word up influx! if a track rocks one will notice it, but i still like the term =)

thanks for all the positive reactions. it inspirate me to make more of this stuff now. just have to get my computer working again, (recently moved to south of sweden, no equipment here) here

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum