0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Paleface does Dub - do listen!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 19-Aug-02  @  09:16 PM     Edit: 19-Aug-02  |  09:17 PM   -   Paleface does Dub - do listen!

Paleface

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A friend sent me in the direction of the fantastic dub resource that is http://www.interruptor.ch , and after perusing it, I realised I now had the equipment to experiment with dub properly.

So here you go: Dub for Rothko(id) [check my user page]. It wasn't planned... but it all happened in two hours, and I really wanted to give it an audience. Basically, I cooked up the main tracks in the RM1x - the Rhodes line that underpins it, the two 808 lines, the strings part and the Hammond. There's a bit of me playing live Hammond in the middle, but for the rest of the track, I'm solely playing the desk.

Soundwise: 808, Rhodes, Strings all (as always) from the Akai; Piano from the RM1x. The Hammond is coming out of my Oberheim OB3^2 Hammond module - for those of you interested in organs, its a single manual set to 088808080, V2, fast leslie and a touch of overdrive. And, crucially, the effects: a TC Electronic M300 in dual input mode running Tape Delay and Spring Reverb effects. (I LOVE the TC. New aquisition, and it's worth its weight in gold)

Et voila. Some dub. Unfortunately, it fades out at around eight minutes because I can't fit it into 1.5mb at 22000 rate (it turns out at 1.76), and it's unlistenable at 16000. Enjoy, anyhow. The ending is relatively good - it does some interesting things and ends properly, not fading out. But you'll have to take my word for it  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 20-Aug-02  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Paleface does Dub - do listen!

razza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

RAZZZZZA CLAAZZZZZZZZ

ME LIKES WID D GANJAHHHAHHHAA

MASSIVE

NUFF RESPECK

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum