0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 15-Aug-02  @  07:30 PM     Edit: 15-Aug-02  |  08:33 PM   -   Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

Paleface

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, I started working on a new track, and this ("Prestige" - check my user page) is the result. And it went quite well, though t'was hell to mix - but at least I tried to mix it properly.

And it's come out sounding like a bad Channel 4 documentary soundtrack, or something. Though I'd call it chilled/downtempo ambient. Still, it's better than the earlier, unpublished output.

Have a listen, please, even if it isn't your thing. I'm quite chuffed all the same. (And my new M300 is gorgeous). Right. That's four and a half of the nine demo tracks done, four and a half to go...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 15-Aug-02  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

Ooh melodic. Very nice. Nice tracks you got. I dunno if i told you this further back but i liked your rainy days alot. Haven't listened for a while - i'll give that a listen as well.

Message 3/6                 Date: 15-Aug-02  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

proximus

this is music I like. Would love to hear it high quality  

Thumbs up!

Message 4/6                 Date: 21-Aug-02  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

queasy00

Link?:  Link

listening now...

the start reminds me of american analogue (tho i've only heard two and only remember one of their songs ;))...

okay... deviating a LOT now ;)

oh no! i guess i never dig things with just them long paddy chords, but that's just me (well, they do sound soundtracky).

the drums are teasing me soo much!
around 1:40 to 1:43 i thought they were gonna bust out! (at least with a constant boom boom cha) aww!  

oooh!! 3:50.. that key that sounds like it's waay off and then gets prolonged.. that was wicked!

anyway...
i totally think it sounds soundtracky... and to be honest.. i really didn't like the melody too much... i thought it was kind've plain.

that's my opinion tho (please don't be offended!  ).. it seems from above a lot of people dig it.

-j

ps: man, it *is* hard to get opinions around here eh? i'm gonna put one up now.  

Message 5/6                 Date: 22-Aug-02  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

knowa

Link?:  Link

that's way too many notes for american analogue set; they're just a big yo la tengo rip-off anyway. to their credit, AAS is great live (but not nearly as good as YLT).

yes, this sounds very soundtracky. honestly it's a big majestic yawn. it's channel 13 where I'm from. I like your other stuff better, like Rothko Id, though I think that would benefit from dropping out the keys a bit and a few suprises. still, the overall aesthetic of that track is much more appealing to me. don't do anymore of this marching-into-battle stuff okay?

I hope "chuffed" is good in britglish. negative feedback but we're still cool right? I bet you like DJ Cam's Mad Blunted Jazz too.

Message 6/6                 Date: 22-Aug-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: Ambient? Chilled? Bad docu sndtrk?

xoxos

i like the saw bass sorta sashays around the peepy, it's very sexy. don't ever listen to ^ people ever ever

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum