0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  02:27 AM   -   unfinished Breakstep track feedback

shylock

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I am currently working on some nu-skool breaks with a UK garage feeling to it. But I am very unsure about this track. Part of me thinks that there are to many different parts and ideas crammed into one track, part of me like it that way. It would be nice if you have a listen to it on my dancetech page and tell me what you think about it and how you would change it. Is it moving too fast, should lesser sounds be better or the track be longer? Should the amen break in the filtered horn buildup really be there? Any feedback would be appreciated.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

influx

Link?: Link

well, before Ive even listened I just gotta say:

AMEN BREAK?

can you be a LITTLE more creative than that? Its just SO used!

now I will go listen and see if you did something valid with it so I dont have to give you shit 

Message 3/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

influx

not bad...doesnt seem to change that badly...not to where its distracting

only thing is...I dunno..the bass seems to follow the drums too much...

hard to explain, but...the bass is pretty much 1-2-3-4- with a little variation in there, but...

Id focus on that, and maybe getting a bit more 'call and response' stuff with the bassline.

well now its in the breakdown, and...I had NO idea that was coming. it just sorta stops, and you got all these stutters and shit, and they dont even feel like they have any connection to the song...

and now..this tribal feeling housey buildup..THAT feels comlpletely out of place...and then it builds and goes to NOTHING...now building again...

now I see what youre sayin, and yes, Id have to say you might have gone a bit overboard. in fact..not even might...its too much...

think of the floor and what would happen with this...do you DJ? (I dont so..I tend to forget that Im trying to write "dance music"...)

what it sounds like is you were geekin out on the "clever" "tricky" stuff you can do with todays technology and forgot to let the groove RIDE!

it never seems to get that flow goin.

Message 4/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

Paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

I like it!

Message 5/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

PBf

oh wait which one did you mean?

Message 6/10                 Date: 13-Aug-02  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

influx

rude bwoy track, right?

Message 7/10                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

Paullyboy8440

Yeah thats the one i listened to.

Message 8/10                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

influx

I didnt say I hated it. He asked if it sounded cohesive and fluent...to me it does not

Message 9/10                 Date: 14-Aug-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

shylock

Link?:  Link

thanks for the input guys, really thinking about shorting doen the buildup/breakdown thing or at least add some more danceble beat to it

Message 10/10                 Date: 16-Aug-02  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: unfinished Breakstep track feedback

chris

..and mines
http://www.lo-key.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
chris

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum