0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: hospitality

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  02:54 PM   -   hospitality

the knowa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just uploaded a new track "hospitality". like it?

also, I had to mix it through one monitor so I'm wide open for suggestions on the mix.

this was done entirely in Reason 1.0. even though those eq's and reverb's a are not so hot, I think they're totally acceptable. at least through one monitor ;)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: hospitality

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

i like it! vote knowa! mono rulz!

Message 3/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: hospitality

k

I thought it was Laurie Anderson for a minute  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: hospitality

k

I like it all except the bassline.... sorry, it sounds a bit weedy/flabby, but that's just an opinion

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: hospitality

k

the rest is great tho, love the sax!

Message 6/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: hospitality

milan

Link?: Link

yeah, i dig some of it. weirdly, that chord (best heard around 6.10) sounds incredibly familiar. where did you get it?

its solid for what it does, and since you obviously have a hang of dnb i´ll hit you with negative remarks full on: synths in the intro are not really dnb (but u might not care about that). breaks are good and bassline works nicely with them, but the whole thing sounds like something i might have bought some years ago. nice sax like k pointed out. also, the track might have more impact if it was a bit shorter.

and of course, my eternal gripe with Reason: how much of the sounds are actually yours? i _always_ ask that since complete newbies started sending me fully produced sounding records done in reason. sorry, but i´m quite anal about that.

anyway, having heard your other tracks, i see how this fits into your style. keep at it!

regards, M.

Message 7/7                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: hospitality

knowa

k--oh superman...;) I can't hear crap for lows on my system and usually end up with too much bass. Is this one actually too little? there's an annoying pseudo-growl to the bass which I plan to fix when I get a proper listen to this.

milan--funny, I almost named the thread "outdated d'n'b"   I basically set out to mimic Pull the Plug ("hospitality" as in "hospital")

there's no Reason presets in this. maybe Hyperbottom but I don't care-propellerheads didn't invent the sine wave. thanks for listening.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum