0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  12:42 AM   -   Megahead goes hardsteppin'

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yes DJ MEGAHEAD does the drum and the bass hard steppin' stylee,and it will scare the shite out of you

Check it out!

Its called WINTER SOLACE

Seriously though,feedback would be much appreciated,I hope the bass has come out ok.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

GT

nice work man - haarrrd step'n

could you tell me:

1. what you use for the drums?

2. how do you record (multrack, software? etc)?

3. what you use to record (software, hard etc) ?

Message 3/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  12:56 AM     Edit: 03-Aug-02  |  12:58 AM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

milan

Link?: Link

its way to slow to be any kind of drumnbass. sorry to have to tell you this. this is more like nu break stuff, except its not.

back to trance eh? ;)

oh no, please tell me its not the 24khz sampling rate, making the playback slower on my machine?

Message 4/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

DJ MEGAHEAD

Thanks for that genre put down mate,dont get too upset about it,but dont worry I know my genres,there are only about 5,everything else is just a media label and I rarely make trance  

GT thanks,everything was done on my sampler except for the wee wah long lfo thing that comes in half way(AN1x) and the low bass was from a bass station I borrowed,I dont multitrack,everything is sequenced on my rm1x and recorded straight to CD or DAT from my noisy mackie 1202.Its messy and at times very very tedious but I cant afford anything else at the moment  

Message 5/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

influx

dunno what Id call it...but its not that slow milan...bout 162?

anyway..its just WAY too repetitive...and the strings are too loud...when you do the chord progression the root note is LOUD...at least in this format

and then..sorry, but the chorusing or flanger or whatever you put on the drums...ANNOYING

always hard to critique a mix in this format, so..the arrangement..it just doesnt change enough

Message 6/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

milan

160+? ok, then its the sampling rate fucking up the playback after all. on my pc it comes like 130 or so. too bad... hey, i have a new genre: dumbnass. no offence meant o/c.

Message 7/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

megahead

156! (or close to it)

Yeah the full mix sounds a hell of a lot better,the pads and strings are actually filtered which was lost on the lofi stream and the phased drums(just layered) sound even shiter when the top end has been completely rolled off.Trust me I did a mix with no phasing,and if you thought this version was dull...  

Message 8/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

milan

so it is 24khz, isnt it? it must be...

anyway, 156 is too slow for dnb. it should be around 170.

Message 9/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

influx

oh stop! not all DnB is at 170, man.

Message 10/12                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

k

Link?:  Link

yeeehaw!!!   - nice beat MegaHead  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/12                 Date: 04-Aug-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

bedwyr

137 disco heaven

Message 12/12                 Date: 04-Aug-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Megahead goes hardsteppin'

DJ MEGAHEAD

I...um...cheers K

Just discovered that homepage function in my ADMIN section  

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum