0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_VK-8

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  07:46 AM   -   Roland_VK-8

detlev.moehlmann

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello,

I'm searching for a stage-organ that sounds nearly like a hammond b3.

Can somebody tell me, if the roland vk-8 is the right one?

Or is the new korg cx-3 the better hammond-clone?

best regards

detlev möhlmann

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 11-Aug-02  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Roland_VK-8

Brett

i have an old keyboard magazine review of bunch of new b3 emulators done by a old hammond pro. I'll see if I can dig it and give the pro's and con's they laid out. don't overlook the nord electro either. it's modeled but pretty realistic. it does all the old eltro mechanical stuff. rhodes etc. I have Whirlitzer, but it's too big to take on stage. it's got foot trigered analog bass, analog rythm section and three key sections. big belt driven rotary on back and a spring reverb built in. very fun but it's too big to tage to a gig,a d it was grandmothers. i use it to practice on mostly. let me go look for that magazine. check back tomorow.

Message 3/4                 Date: 11-Aug-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Roland_VK-8

Paleface

I played a VK-7 a coupla years back and was quite impressed, though the (new) CX-3 is really good. The Voce V5 and seperate SPIN module usually come out top in most tests, but don't look as Hammondy as the VK-8.

Thing the VK8 definitely has in its favour: PROPER waterfall keys. And proper Hammond action, ie, the note triggers about halfway down the key depression, not at the bottom.

I, being skint, use an Oberheim OB3squared for my Hammond sounds, and am mighty impressed - for the £230 I paid, it doesn't sound half bad. Certainly far better than simply 10% of a Hammond...

Message 4/4                 Date: 12-Aug-02  @  07:18 AM   -   RE: Roland_VK-8

Brett

found the article. damn it was old. jan98. anyway they ranked the best over all for playability etc as the roland vk-7 with the voce4 and contoler in second. a lot may have changed since then. others included the ob3 squared which they said was a great value as it was much cheaper than the others.best authenticity went to the voce 3 with the vk-7 2nd. but the vk-7 had a better audio quality and "balls". they had a "balls" catagory for the leslie emulation. so now voce is to the v5. they are not cheap. sorry no info on the korg, but you probably won't go wrong with the roland. The vk-8 is multi-timbral and has voices with rhodes and brass and woodwinds etc.

in case you are curous the two hammond experts they used for this were:john krogh and Tom coster.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum