0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Paleface drops some breaks...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 28-Jul-02  @  05:14 PM   -   Paleface drops some breaks...

Paleface

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK, so I've had breaks going around my head for a while at work because a friend has breaks and drum and bass on pretty much constantly.

So noodling around in the studio yesterday, something seemed to be happening... and a couple of hours down the line, I finished a track. (I've got several more on the OK, but I'm waiting for more gear to get them complete).

It's called (groan), "Breaking Even". Do listen (check the user profile for the tracks, folks). A little cheesy, only one motif, but I'm quite pleased. There's no compression yet - I reckon the break and the bass could do with a little - and the reverb is coming out of my shithouse Zoom 1201. I'm hoping to acquire an M300 soonish though, and a cheap compressor, and then I'll finish the other tracks.

But yeah. Have a listen. I'm quite proud, considering how crap I was when I first bought my RM1x...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: Paleface drops some breaks...

GT

sounds nice -mix and all

tell about who's playing what -smaples or your chops?

Message 3/6                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: Paleface drops some breaks...

Paleface

The break's a sample. Only because I tried programming my own and it sounded dismal; I found a good break kicking around, sped it up a little, but the rest is all me. Note for note. I need to sort my drum programming - and my drumsample library.

Message 4/6                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Paleface drops some breaks...

megahead

Nice keys and strings,very well done. I like the pizzicato thing you got going in the background,very old school,the lofi drowns out a lot of it though.

Why not chop up the break?

Actually,I was just listening to Solar Power,and thats a very nice melody you have there,as rough as it sounds now it has a lot of potential in it.

Message 5/6                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Paleface drops some breaks...

Paleface

Mmn. I was thinking about chopping the break, but I did basically knock the thing up in a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, and then spend Sunday mixing it, arranging it and getting it into the computer. But yeah, some more creative break-chopping could go down well - even if it does mean RSI over the Akai... I'll have a go, anyhow.

(it does sound HORRID in low-fi, but that's the DT law so that's what I stick to... thankfully, the mix has survived the journey to lowfi quite well - just a little top missing, but everything's still in the same place. Guess I _am_ learning the mixing thing after all!)

Message 6/6                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: Paleface drops some breaks...

influx

Link?: Link

sounds solid and all, but...it really sounds more like a deep house track without the 4ontheflo. ANd...honestly...I think it would sound better WITH four on the floor drums as the main drums, and maybe chikka chikkas here and there for groove.

I like my breaks a bit more emphatic mind you

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum