0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova User Patches?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 23-Jul-02  @  08:05 AM   -   Nova User Patches?

djjessex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know if the Nova Desktop has user patch storage, or do you have to save over the presets? Not that I mind this but I dont want all my patches to start sounding the same because they were all programed from a few good ones.

Also if anyone is willing to share tips on programing some good pads im all ears. I can program good leads and basses but pads elude me. I think im doing something wrong in the envelope stage.
Ive also updated the OS and if anyone hast done it yet it a real breeze. You dont even have to back anything up, just play it in through midi. Amazin' Errata still hasnt updated the wALDORF Q Os cuz he would have to do a sysex dump. he he

novas rule!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 24-Jul-02  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

djjessex

i guess everyone out there love there nova soooo much that they never post or talk about them!

Message 3/10                 Date: 24-Jul-02  @  02:16 PM     Edit: 24-Jul-02  |  02:17 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

k

Link?:  Link

well, sadly what happned was, Novation scrwed up big time with their OS updates, the user forum whichw as VERY busy then started to howl complaints and turned into the 'slag off novation' forum - novation withdrew their listing of the forum on their site as a consequence - so the slaggers, as predicted, ruined the forum - and now no-one has novation rep's talking to the people & a useful forum -

well done those people... Now, I guess there's not much to talk about with no OS update delays to slag-off about...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10                 Date: 26-Jul-02  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

djjessex

huh? My OS update works fine.

Message 5/10                 Date: 26-Jul-02  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

k

trust me, you dont want to even re-live that episode. It's a shame really tho cos Mickey's Supernova site also shut down so really that was the end of any dedicated novation space or forums on the www unless people found it on a search or something, but with the link at the novation site the traffic was quite good and newbies had somewhere to meet up with other Novation users... that has been axed, I think to Novations detriment really, cos it was quite nice as a new or potential Novation owner to have a place to go to to meet other owners etc.

Message 6/10                 Date: 26-Jul-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

k

also the company's been quiet lately, the new K-Station is out, but the reason controller hasn't materialised yet, so it's a bit quiet on the Novation front mebbe too.

Message 7/10                 Date: 29-Jul-02  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

I'm still a happy nova user....allways been so. Yeah it's a shame that the slaggin kinda killed the nova-forum. Shouldn't we ask novation (nicely) to put the link back on? The nova mailinglists are kinda quite too tho.

Message 8/10                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

psylichon

guess the honeymoon's over for the Nova. Good thing she's a fine woman to have around for a lifetime...

Message 9/10                 Date: 12-Aug-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

plasticandi

yeah, those were great times, when this was a busy forum, and even phil from novation was sharing his wisdom around here...but then it took them 2 years to release the new operating system..

Message 10/10                 Date: 12-Aug-02  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Nova User Patches?

Gromyko

yeahyeahyeah

So what ?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum