0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new track - have at 'er

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  03:50 AM   -   new track - have at 'er

blacker

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Finally got around to finishing off a track after working on other people's stuff for a loooong time. This one is pretty short - it's for a compilation a friend is putting together. All softsynths/softsamplers and a Juno 106.

Opinions welcome.

Cheers.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  03:50 AM     Edit: 17-Jul-02  |  04:16 AM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

blacker

(I guess a link might be handy...)

And if you want to have a listen in stereo, try:

http://www.zebox.com/blacker

Message 3/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

xoxos

it is short..  

Message 4/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

blacker

Isn't it just?

Message 5/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

megahead

Link?:  No link

Nice!

Well produced,well mixed and a nice fat drum track in the chorus. You would get signed if stuck to that kind of sound and got a bit more experimental with it.

Just an observation/idea,but the woow square bass thing got a bit annoying after a while,and the track is probably that short because you thought the same thing.If you could do a mix without it,you could probably hack up the track in wavelab and space it out for 6 to 7 minutes.

Message 6/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

Mindspawn

Cool "future metropolis meets the last desert flower" kind of track... Yummy work...

Message 7/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  07:43 PM     Edit: 17-Jul-02  |  07:49 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

marianimal

I went to your site to get a better listen. Nice work, these tunes. I do think that the drum sounds, esp the hats in the dubby midsection of Chasing Dragons need some sprucing up or something. Very musical compositions though.

Message 8/14                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

blacker

Wow - thanks for all the great (and constructive) comments. I think, production-wise, this track is a new high for me. I am struggling a bit with arrangements, but hopefully with more time and practice this will improve too.

Megahead - yes, I know the bassline does seem a bit repetetive. Actually, the track started out as the bassline, but it was this wicked hollow sounding sound I programmed in Absynth - then my computer shat itself and I lost the patch. I was very upset... (understatement). So that bassline is the Juno 106, and yes, could be better I guess.

Thanks Mindspawn...  

Marianimal - are you referring to the drums in "Chasing Dragons"? Do you mean the break that comes in about 2 minutes or so? When you say "spruce up", what do you mean - like more highs/mids or something?

Again - thanks for taking the time to listen and write something... much appreciated.

Message 9/14                 Date: 18-Jul-02  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

Deano

I can't fault your production. The mix is spot-on, even in lo-fi it sounds great. It depends what audience you're going for but I reckon the music could do with a catchy hook or vocal sample to make it stand out from the crowd, but as an ambient chill-out track it's great.
BTW I think that bass sound is gorgeous. I wondered if it was the 106. Reminds me of some Ultramarine stuff from a few years back. Just goes to show in these days of soft synths if you want a real classy sound you can't beat the real thing.

Message 10/14                 Date: 18-Jul-02  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

blacker

Hey Deano - thanks for the kind words. I agree that it might benefit from some sort of vocal. A friend asked me for some music to sing on, maybe I'll pass this to her - she sings in a band, has a really nice voice.

The Juno does bass really well, IMHO. I especially like the square bass sounds I can tweak out of it, it has a nice hollow sound without too much mud. It's a shame the chorus effect is so noisy on the 106 - on this track I turned it off and used a chorus plug-in instead.

Thanks again...

Message 11/14                 Date: 18-Jul-02  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

marianimal

I would just choose different sounds, prolly some samples, that have a little more depth, but maybe changing the eq would work too. I just think they're a little thin is all, cos I tend to like heavy drum sounds & crispy hats. Nice work tho.

Message 12/14                 Date: 18-Jul-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

knowa

Link?:  Link

nice! wet and spacious mix--something I need to learn about. I also would have chosen different drums but thankfully there's only one of me.

Message 13/14                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

dru

Link?:  Link

fantastic! makes me want to cry it's so powerful..

nice one..

Message 14/14                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: new track - have at 'er

blacker

wow... er... thanks!

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum