0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: dance your ass off

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  06:56 PM   -   dance your ass off

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

had another go at the last one.. this is my first official dance track at dancetech.. "xoxos vs. the elders of zion" (they're doomed i tell you)

this is basically my reaction to 'hoovers and horns..' so it's a bit derivative and a bit something different. i liked the whole idea of pounding ridiculous energy music, but no clue if it's really hard house or not.. comments?

and.. am i in then?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Stefan

rofl
Great.
your synthies need a little tuning ;-)

Message 3/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Stefan

btw is it possible to get an 128kb higher quality version somewhere ?
I need to have this one in my car cd player in the morning when driving to work ;-)

Message 4/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

k

Link?:  Link

excellent.. I tell you what, I'll make a copy if it in lo-fi and drop it off with this bloke I know who runs one of the Uk's top hardhouse labels and see what he thinks - I'd be interested what he thinks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Maarten

hehe, coco going wha-oomf-wha-oomf-wha-oomf  ... I like your other stuf better I guess. This just seems too happy go lucky for my likings but I must admit, it sounds exactly the way I hear it when entering the wrong tent on a big commercial dance-festival- so that's a good thing me thinks. I run off though but to me that's a good thing too.

Message 6/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

ha.. me too k - i was wondering how close i got to h.h... esp. since i went all 'cyber' in the bit.. which i like for dancing but might make some people fall over?? do you jump up and down or body rock? make a snap decision :p

just wanted to get it up for now.. needs some smoothing, tweaking.. nice jungly drills and stuff coming off that bit of bassline.. maybe less stuff in the beginning, here and there. my kick drum patch never wants to reload so it probably needs more of a mix than i gave it.

not that it couldn't be anything stefan but happy to point out that saw is chip32 ^ thru logic's chorus.. (seems to do this funny phase thing..) probably the smallest vsti going??

right m dance music is still definately work for me..

Message 8/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Maarten

No no no, this is (in my view) exactly how it should be done... for the style your exploring there. Just not my thing. On a more constructive note : you might want to bring that bass between the kicks a tad back... it seems to up-front in contrast of the kick IMO.

Message 9/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

milan

xoxoswhatareyoudoingyoumadmaaaaan!  )

this is horrible. so horrible that i might go crazy and do something similar just for fun.

other than that it does what it does well. i see that you manged to overcome your distaste for heavy kicks ;)

Message 10/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

trust me i'm paying for that..

Message 11/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  06:20 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

talk about your sleepless nights. well come on then, milan! one thing about this site, there's not a lot of playing off each other musically, so let's do somethnig about that, eh? specially now that we can!  

Message 12/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

beds

ok. count me in. not for couple of days tho, it's sunny again, out playing in the yard. :P

Message 13/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

milan

youŽre on xoxos, now watch me come up with a cheesy happy hardcore tune! or something  

Message 14/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

alright, let's do a 'mancetech hands' series and put all the tracks in the same thread.. started doing some of my 'proper' music again, but trance is prolly the next target...

stefan.. my only means of inter-pc transport is on floppies, and all my floppies are fucked up and down to like 500 or 600 useable kb per, so you're talking about 10 transfers.. not likely for the time being   i'll have one up when you're bored of it..

Message 15/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Stefan

ok,ok,ok
I'll wait till I can buy it on CD ;-)

Message 16/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

milan

harr... i already have a trance chune in the making, but i doubt iŽll pull it off untill the end. on the other hand i have dance-by-numbers techno tune coming  

Message 17/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  10:34 PM     Edit: 14-Jul-02  |  10:43 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

ooh stick that one up and i'll xoxos it to bits

s.. i have a friend who is actually the devil.. i know it sounds a bit weird, but once you get to know me, you'll realise that it's all true and i'm integrated into the primary circuit of this reality. trust me. he really is 'the one big one.'

anyway. he, with his mastery over the earth and all it's fools, shared a little secret for his future plan with me.. i told him i refused to release cds not wanting to take on responsibility for so many cubic feet of useless poisonous garbage (goddamn some people just don't have a fucking clue!) and he mentioned that cds will be very useful in the future as scavenger laser armor.

now i think this is all very brilliant on your tele-vision set fantasy films and vid-eo games, but in real life i don't want a bloody lot of white hot needle thin death rays ripping through the air all around me, and if that's the kind of place where you'd like to live, well go straight ahead then, make more cds. you might earn a few thousand!

i'm paying my 'dancetech' dues.

Message 18/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

and obviously all the regular parade of the ignorant will ask "what kind of crazy logic is that, xoxos? making reflective surfaces does not equate to inevitable laser war.." shows how much they've got to learn then doesn't it.

in one hand i hold the seamless gleaming x, and in the other the mighty holey o, for, you weak rulers, elders of zion, your time has come to an end.

Message 19/21                 Date: 15-Jul-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Breakerbox

The cd surfaces are not 100% reflective though, some of the light passes through so you might want to put 2 or 3cds on top of each other or maybe put something behind them.. and what happens when the laser reflects.. If you were in a gang or something in the future... I mean.. it can bounce of you but get your buddies cranium or worst get an old lady who was standing by.. I dont know.. this whole Laser thing is no right at all.
Not my style your track is, but sounds good by the way.
Oh Nice track

Message 20/21                 Date: 15-Jul-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Breakerbox

oh shit.. i think you are saying the same thing I am... nevermind, i will go back to my cave now  
Good track none the less.

Message 21/21                 Date: 15-Jul-02  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

yes, that satan is a clever bastard.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum