0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: new cartridge reccomedations?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  04:27 AM   -   new cartridge reccomedations?

n3

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm going to finally upgrade to some technics of my own. Any reccomendations on what I should put on there? I'm looking for something kinda general purpose. Good for general sound quality as well as the occasional scratch record.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

dissonance

Link?: Link

I use the Ortofons...they treat me fairly well.

dissonance

Message 3/9                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

milan

i use Ortofon OM Pro scratch cartridges even though i dont scratch. they are very rugged, last ages, and not expensive at all. recomended.

Message 4/9                 Date: 31-Jul-02  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

woxy

Link?:  Link

stantons mate.

track well - last a long time - affordable - and never given me any gyp.

cheers
woxy

Message 5/9                 Date: 31-Jul-02  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

Drop

80% of clubs use Ortofon.

Message 6/9                 Date: 31-Jul-02  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

milan

true that.

Message 7/9                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

Drop

Use Cd's!

Message 8/9                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  03:55 AM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

BJT

Problem with Stanton's, I found, is that if you queue up too quickly the needle can jump, so you have to increase the weight. Some guys pull out the weight bobby and put it in backwards, that can only screw your records silly. Maybe ortofon.

The problem with CD's is that alot of big clubs have them, but most underground joints don't, and they expect you to use Records if you are a "no name" DJ. If you wanna become a known DJ, release a CD, that seems to work!

The problem with Records is they are an incredible waste of money and they scratch easy and wear out, sometimes when you buy them brand new they are poorly pressed and you have to return them ASAP for a refund. Also Records warp, make sure you don't buy warped records.

Also Guys in record stores tend to shove crap in your face in an effort to get rid off it and intimidate you into buying something - not all of em tho' so its necessary to suss 'em out. Most ppl in record stores are wicked, down to urth people who get alot of attitude dished to them from all manners of nobs.

Message 9/9                 Date: 15-Aug-02  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: new cartridge reccomedations?

djjessex

I used to work at Guitar Center and the Shure rep did a side by side comparison with Ortos and Shures, and i was blown away by how much more freq. response the shures had. Fuck the clubs, there holdin on to the past!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum