0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Once again...comments pls. :)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  02:38 PM   -   Once again...comments pls. :)

DjMik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I just uploaded another track.. I'm not sure if it's finished or not. Maybe if i start to REALLY like it i'll go back and remix something. Midi timing is really poor for some reason.. This was supposed to be a trance track but i think the melody isn't really trance.. I just added it over the synths to make something happen.   Anyways, pretty relaxing track and folks at club seem to enjoy the bits with the funny square melody. I guess it's the bassline which i think sounds good at pa.. Huh, quite a long description..   Comments..?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

DjMik

Link?: Link

Uh oh...the track is called "Dance Eldorado"..

Message 3/7                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

k

well Mick, what I get from that track is a professional sort of overall production, again it is a competant track like the others, well balanced and all the sounds are ok etc, so in all respects like technical it is fine... but... I think for me (and this is only a personal taste thing), the track moves too quick - hard to describe, but for me that track sort of just gets going and stays going, (yes, even tho it does have breakdowns and 'verses' & 'hooks' as different parts)... i find it hard to distinguish the structure of the track cos there is TOO many changes to close together ... you dont have to put all your idea's into a track... that "do-do-d'do" squarewave sounding riff in the verses is very good but it get's no space to develop before the hook arrives... I think you're cramming to much idea's into the track mebbe ?... it's only the structure i aint sure about, generaly your melodies & hooks are rememberable and all else is fine although also i'd mebbe like to see some development in the drums riff which is a little overly 'boom-tish', (perhaps the clap is too loud making the beat more jerky/square and less smooth)

i dunno, checkout that snippet from Chris Organic (link) it's NOT the same trance as you're doing, but that's what I mean about how he builds the background and leaves melodies out... ok, your trance is more club-trance sound, but the hooks can still be in there, but heckout what i mean about how he builds it, or rather, how he works the less busy bits.

I think you need to SAVE your main hooks up and dont try to use too many main motif's all in one track... i'd like to see your track build more gradualy to the hooks,... But hey, that's just my taste not 'the law'.

Message 4/7                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

dissonance

what does PLS stand for?? "Pretty Loose Stool"??

dissonance

Message 5/7                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

xoxos

you always make the new guy sit on the wobbly one.

listened (relistened to them all) lovely hooks.. eldorado threw me off a little because you introduce some of the phrases that compliment the main hook before it, ie. the guitar bit early on seemed a bit devoid of structure, like you just made up some notes.. works really nicely in (and after) context tho. dj mik = my favourite dt album. consistently pleasant.

Message 6/7                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

DjMik

Link?:  Link

Thanks k, that's a LOT of good tips & advice! And xoxos you made me smile.   Thanks! Really appreciate your comments! Now that i've been listening the track more rarely i could say i agree with you both. The structure isn't very logical.. The guitar lead would sound better if i saved it to later on the track. K, i can't check your link cause i don't have real player at the moment.. I'll install it and listen later! But i think i know what you mean..maybe i could add something to the drums. Something that i could bring in and make the "intro" bit longer. If and when i get the inspiration i'll go back and re-arrange the track and upload a newer version! I'll do that cause i agree with you! So don't ya come telling me i just wanna please everybody.. =P

Message 7/7                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Once again...comments pls. :)

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

Remember when you install Real Player to leave all the boxes unticked, otherwise you'll never stop being pestered by that bloody real.com shower!

Nice track btw, won't say anything else, cos it's all been said.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum