0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: My first DT track...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  03:52 PM   -   My first DT track...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My first track to be posted on DT is up! It's just a trial track (incomplete) and any feedback towards Senor Sinister (Misutaa Warudakumi) would be apprecaited.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

Nice job Steve, very smooth... maybe a bit too smooth..? What you have sounds good, but ya might want to consider: adding some sort of lead, or another arp maybe... you could spice it up with maybe some extra percussion here and there, add a little atmospheric sound FX, etc., etc. Like I said, what you got is good, sounds pretty clean, it's just a bit sparse (less that was your intention). You got a nice foundation, just add a little more spit n polish...

Message 3/11                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

proximus

I think it's very nice.. it has got attitude. I think one of the fx sounds is a bit loud though, it's the one at 0:28

Nice to hear a track from you  

Message 4/11                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Cloud Nine

Maybe that loud sound effect at 0.28 is meant to represent the bomb the old boy put in McDonalds going off.

Nice track, I think it sounds okay in it's minimal form - a bit dark and sinister. But the effects are a bit loud.

Message 5/11                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

k

yeah very nice... more?

Message 6/11                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Steve Roughley

Thank you all for you responses! At the moment I am just wrapping up loose ends from this year at UNI. I have allready been adding some "spit n polish" and I fully intend to start to fill the track out and sort out the effects in a week or so. I am also going to spend the summer writing more tracks (to answer your question, K).

Thanks again!

Steve.

Message 7/11                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Steve Roughley

Thank you all for you responses! At the moment I am just wrapping up loose ends from this year at UNI. I have allready been adding some "spit n polish" and I fully intend to start to fill the track out and sort out the effects in a week or so. I am also going to spend the summer writing more tracks (to answer your question, K).

Thanks again!

Steve.

Message 8/11                 Date: 02-Jul-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: My first DT track...

xoxos

nice one indeed. it's been years since dancing to some dj session, but the transitions in this instantly brought to mind the material my dj used to use for fade-ins and stuff..

here's my comment.. the sounds, breaks are great.. i don't agree with mindspawn.. think it's got enough sounds for the groove.. but when the riff starts to convolve (extra notes and stuff) i was wondering where you were going with it..

..and esp. when you use the 'up' progression at the end.. sounds like you ran out of steam..

the 'up' phrase really brings to mind a build of energy.. imho i can see it really benefiting from this being corroborated by other sounds, ie. peppy snares (try my snare engine, blaster!! there's a 'peppy' snare in there..) and other stuff.. you know the deal.

Message 9/11                 Date: 04-Jul-02  @  08:03 PM     Edit: 04-Jul-02  |  08:04 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the reply xoxos. As I said, I'll sort it out once UNI is done with. But I have just uploaded Tech Me Away. A kind of "Accidental" track. I was just messing with my new module a couple of months ago and this started developing. Tell me what you think!

Steve.

Message 10/11                 Date: 04-Jul-02  @  10:44 PM     Edit: 04-Jul-02  |  10:45 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

milan

hey good one steve! nice groove, funky synths, quirky bits... cool.

actually, maybe it could flow a *bit* better. but thats it.

Message 11/11                 Date: 05-Jul-02  @  12:36 AM     Edit: 08-Jul-02  |  03:04 PM   -   RE: My first DT track...

Steve Roughley

Actually, the jumpiness of the track was something I tried for. I imagine it's lack of flow and weird kick-ins, would work in a club.

Steve.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum