0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 17-Jun-02  @  12:16 PM   -   XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anybody have a list of the samples used in the material voices in the XS synths by yamaha and/or the Cs2x (or 1x. Most material voices use the same handfull of samples over and over agian with a little built in tweaking, which sucks. I want to know if (and how) I can use the original, unaffected samples as buidling blocks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 17-Jun-02  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

99devils

They're in the CS1X manual I think. Go to Yamaha's XG website and I think they have the manual for download.

-Craig

Message 3/16                 Date: 17-Jun-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Bastiaan

no, that's just the material voices as yamaha named them...many of them are doubles (with different eq, filter, amp, env etc. settings) I need to know either how to get rid of the built in settings per voice or which are the unaffected ones.

Message 4/16                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

99devils

That I don't know. I went looking through the blue book for you too yesterday and didn't find anything.

I pretty much gave up on programming that box. It's boring and the filter sucks   I just keep it around as an extra controller for when the Nord is at my practice space.

-Craig

Message 5/16                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Bastiaan

Yeah...well it's a good tool to double my nova's strings or my basses...mix a sampled bass with a VA one and you get lot's of nice stuff going on. Samo with pads and strings.

Message 6/16                 Date: 18-Jun-02  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Bastiaan

thanks for looking btw.

Message 7/16                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

evil_little_dru

i have them some where i think its called AWM samples yammie use them all over the place in the csxx line the ex line mu100 i think rm1x they are all using the same base set of samples...but yet they are totally not compatable with each other why because yammie dosnt thin this out which is the main reason that i will not get rid of my cs1x for a cs6x

Message 8/16                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

Bastiaan

Yeah it's kinda weird...cause I'm also pretty sure that if one knew which (basic) samples are used in which synth and how they translate to other synths that you could easiliy convert f.e. the qs300 voices to the cs2x (I mean these voices can be used on the db50xg, why can they be 'emulated' by the cs2x???)

Message 9/16                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

_dru

Link?:  Link

i talked with some guy when the cs6x came out if there was any way to make the cs6x load cs1x patches or if any other synth could load em but he said that for some reason even thought the base sounds are the same each synth handles them differnt and that the problem is more in the routing and etc.--not sure though ::check the blue book or the extra manual i think its called the material voice data sheets or something if you need them let me know i might have them some where i keep all my manuals in pdf or i could find it for you-dru

Message 10/16                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

bastiaan

I got the silver book and the material voices lists...the prob is that the 'material voices' use the same sampleset over and over again albeit with different settings (for filter, lfo etc.) these are 'offset' settings...I want to know which are the clean samples, with no filter or anything on it. It's so stupid that the cs6x, the cs1x or the cs2x can't load qs300 voices beacuse afaik I know the possibilities on those synths theoretically allow for them to reproduce those sounds....Yamaha should make a small conversion tool or something.

Message 11/16                 Date: 08-Jul-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

99devils

RM1X too, I suspect. Now that would really be usefull. Then I could finally rid myself of the CS1X.

-Craig

Message 12/16                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

bastiaan

does the rm1x have 4-layered performances? How much ROM-waves does it have?

Message 13/16                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

99devils

It doesn't have the 4-layer performances. But it IS an AWM2 TG just like the CS's. I would've settled for the "fake performance" tip from the blue book. There's only two or three sounds I'm keeping that board around for  

-Craig

Message 14/16                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

bastiaan

This sucks balls BIGTIME...but I'm not giving up yet....surely I must be able to reconstruct those QS300 voices on my cs2x (although it doesn't have the same chip, but an upgraded one) the mu10, the db50xg, the qy700 and the sw60xg al use the same chip as the qs300 and CAN use the qs300 voices (with a lil' software help) while the mu50 also has the EXACT same chip and samples but can't....

Is there ANY1 out here that actually owns a qs300? That would really help me sort this thing out you see. Or is there someone that can code sysex utilities (are there utilities out their that let you make you own sysex conversions?)

cheers

Message 15/16                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

99devils

If I had the time and specifications I'm sure I could code the sysex converter.

But I have neither the time, spec, or even proper synths to test  

Sorry, I should've just kept my yap shut...

-Craig

Message 16/16                 Date: 09-Jul-02  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: XG CSxX Yammy Voices

bastiaan

Okay...thanks for nothing...the QS300 has a voice list of 204 'pure waves' (about 20kbyte per sample) Does anybody know how these can be accessed or if these waves are the elements all the XG and perf. voices are created from? Can these true materials be accessed on non qs compatible synths? Are they translatable to cs1/cs2 (iow do these synths have equivalent materials in them) ?

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum