0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Back to the future

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  03:27 PM     Edit: 09-Jun-02  |  03:37 PM   -   Back to the future

enLounge

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok, this is my first mix on dt. I'd really like some feedback on it.. especially the track selection. I know my mixing is not so good but I still think it's a nice mix.

"This is a dj set time machine, flava's from the 70's soul music, 80's latino pop music and 90's house music. Not all too good mixing, but aleast 2 nice transitions. Do not let this scare you becasue there's a lot of nice music in the mix. There are two norwegian house tracks too, Bjørn Torske - Jazzed and Bjørn Torske & Erot - Disco Membersa. Norwegian quality music. Also featured is Olav Basoski, Rosko, MSM and Afro Medusa. "

=]

- proximus

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Back to the future

proximus

*mm* the feeling of being ignored. Would be nice if anyone would listen to it say if they like it or not.

Thanks in advance

Message 3/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Back to the future

influx

I'll say that I didnt bother simply because you said "my mixing isnt so good"

why not just practice some more? Personally I cant STAND listening to bad DJ mixes.

maybe you coulda left out the self-deprecation and woulda gotten some interest?

Message 4/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Back to the future

proximus

ok, maybe you got a point.

But it would be nice if you would listen to it anyway, it's not that bad. The 3. and the 4. transitions are really sweet  

Message 5/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Back to the future

influx

heh. thats MUCH better 

Message 6/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Back to the future

enLounge

hehe

Message 7/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

damballah

I clicked play, got some gloria estafan and couldn't stop it quick enough. sorry, that's just me.

Message 8/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

proximus

it's MSM (dunno of that is Gloria Estefan) but that's the just opening track.. hehe.

Message 9/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

influx

MSM? WHO?

thats fuckin Gloria Estefan. I guess its a remix? doesnt sound like one to me...

dunno man. Im listening, but...just not my style...

you know...when you drop mixes...ya can also throw a track listing then you will get the people that want to hear the trax youre playin.

Message 10/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

proximus

MSM - Conga
Afro Medusa - Pasilda (club mix)
Olav Basoski - Samplitude 6
Bjørn Torske - Jazzed
Bjørn Torske & Erot - Disco Members
Rosko - Peace Maker

Bjørn Torske is a very talented norwegian house producer. Erot was a really talented producer from my town but unfortunately he died last year. There was something wrong with his heart I think.

Disco Members has got the most awsome bassline ever.

Thanks for listening

Message 11/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

bedwyr

ok prox, i'm listening now and that is gloria estefan. there's lots of good eighties stuff but i personally don't think that's one of them. it was massive at the time, but in all the wrong places, probably florida and basingstoke. there's no 'edge' on it, you know? and it's not smooth enough for the jazz/soul heads. nice players tho ... (all this imho)

ok, second track - terrible mix in - but a nice track (big in ibiza etc. (not that that's always a good thing)). a nice track courtesy of the vocal melody tho, i see the connection you're making, but, you'd be better off remixing gloria estefan yourself and using that to mix from.

3rd track, passable mix, no idea what it is yet, like the sound though. on the break sounds a bit like a carl craig thing (throw). right, this is a filler, don't play it!!! bollox disco break, it's a bad take on carl craig. booo!  

4th deep house, mmm, there were a few norwegians on paper records at one time. see, the mix didn't annoy me there. this is warm up time, in a 30minute mix you should be in the thick of it here, but it's too chilled.

ouch! not a good mix there! like the tune though. again still a bit chilled. only coz you started with all that latin though. reminds me of nuphonic stuff from a while ago.

nice little transition to the spoken bit, i'd go with that in a club.   for a track or two, gotta be back with the harder drums after though! ughh, sorry, i get an allergic reaction to tracks that sample/quote also sprach tharathustra (or holst's planets if you think about it) but that's just me.

ok, overall, you start with latin go deep house then go funk. personally, i'd start with funk, some latin, then some funky latin house, then get deep house, (in the midle of which there'd be a real corking vocal number or two) then get pissed, fall over and fuck up the mix.  

IMHO!

Message 12/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Back to the future

proximus

great review mate   Thanks

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum