0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: milan starts a thread :P

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  12:03 PM   -   milan starts a thread :P

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok, so here it is:

"hello, my name is milan, and i like drum and bass. on my page you will find some dj mixes and few snippets of my tracks. feel free to comment here, seeing how some ppl out there dont like cross-posting in other threads."

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

yo paully, my dj mixes are done from records, so no, thats not my own music. if you are interested into what any of the tracks/names/labels are, just ask and i´ll tell you. glad you like the mixes.

cheers, M.

Message 3/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

weeble

Link?:  No link

RIGHT FORUM!

Message 4/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

nahnanananahnah... :p

Message 5/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

k

nuff cheeze!!! ;]

Message 6/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

i take it that you liked it then?

Message 7/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

Bastiaan

Yeah, you da bomb Milan. No shit, I think you did a nice jog. I listened to your 'nuff cheese' track twice (which is to say something since I don't even like that kinda music toooo much)

Message 8/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

oo-er! long time since someone called me the bomb!and that was in thailand of all places... erm, i´ll shut up now. thank you ;)

Message 9/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

sitar

Link?:  Link

I've got absolutely nothing to say but I have to take this rare opportunity of posting in a thread started by Milan.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
savoring the moment.

Message 10/36                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

Paullyboy8440

I love ur mixes. Who are in them?

Message 11/36                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

ah...bunch of people really: marcus intalex, john-b, aquasky, total science, calibre, ez-rollers, london electricity, ram trilogy in various disguises, high contrast, the outfit, omni trio, 4-hero, un-cut, invaderz, marky & patife, etc etc etc... those are some bigger names in the scene.

the mixes i do for DT are a bit like "top names of today and yesteryear", because i want them to be fun and entertaining. i do have some more abstract and 'underground' stuff in the vaults though...

Message 12/36                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

knowa

I dig your mixes a lot milan. nice balance of rough and smooth, the essence of the style IMHO.

Message 13/36                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

Mindspawn

nuff cheese... very nice mix, milan. Very nicely done....

Message 14/36                 Date: 07-Jun-02  @  11:28 PM     Edit: 07-Jun-02  |  11:30 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

wow. i´m in top ten with a dj-mix! well i never...

thanks everyone, didnt think dnb gets such props on dt. even from mighty spawn, hehe. well i´m touched. will try to follow up with more mixes now that i got me a new mixer afer 6 bloody years.

oh and knowa: "nice balance of rough and smooth, the essence of the style". you got it, thats how i see it, cheers mate  

cheers, M.

Message 15/36                 Date: 08-Jun-02  @  07:54 PM     Edit: 08-Jun-02  |  07:56 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

Mindspawn

Well "the mighty spawn" was into dnb a long time back. Like some of the earliest stuff that might've been called dnb. Shame was, it never caught on at all here in the Northeast. I played dnb live up through 2000, but found that most crowds just couldn't get it. A few places, usually real small, very hot rooms at 3AM, that was cool... but waaay too rare... Actually, the first CD I ever released (God Forgot - waaay back when the Mindspawn name was still connected to beat driven sound) was largely watered down dnb and breaks... quite horrible but I learned a lot from the experience.

But anyhoos, yeah there was a time I was more into dnb than anything else. The mix of ambient-like sounds with manic beats and bass, very enticing to me....

The stuff you're mixing, milan, very tasty and well put together. Also a bit more wide in scope than I had remembered stuff being, but since it's been almost two years since I bought any "dnb", that ain't all that surprising.... I gotta get out more...=)

Message 16/36                 Date: 08-Jun-02  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

Mindspawn

and actually, that should probably be "the mighty PAWN" as in mind's pawn....=)

Pesa

Message 17/36                 Date: 08-Jun-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

well, thanks for the props PAWN ;)

ya know, the wider scope in my mixes comes from being into this stuff for a long time, not since the begining but long enough to have seen styles come and go. and, being on the lookout for a certain vibe thruout all that time. but i´ll admit to having had a phase of playing nothing but dark technoid sound, because thats what was "in" at the moment, and what promoters and people requested. since then i´ve lond said "sod it" to the party circuit so now i can play whatever the hell i please. hehe.

for example, the first track in the mix is from as far back as 1998, and two others are also from few years back. and i´ve been asked where do i find those tunes   i guess its a bit like techno dj´s playin stuff from 94-95: if its good, play it! too bad lot of old dnb stuff has become too slow to mix, bpm wise, unlike lot of techno...

anyway, big up to the peeps who tried to push this sound, even if they received no support. but i wont say junglist soldiers, that would be cheesy ;)

cheers, M.

Message 18/36                 Date: 13-Jun-02  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

hey all. my mate corea, the other half of kitchen kru, has just uploaded a mix to DT. smooth gastronomy, check it out if you like more mellow dnb.

cheers all, M.

Message 19/36                 Date: 13-Jun-02  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

knowa

right on milan--if it's good, play it. I'll be uplaoding a few in this style pretty soon

Message 20/36                 Date: 13-Jun-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

cheers knowa, looking forward to it!

Message 21/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

dru

I like your style milan.
I listened to a bit of your first audio mix and Unfinished Floating. Very very nice music. This sound is why I'm still into it- and will probably never stop. I love that first track in Nuff Cheese! Could you tell who made that one?

peace

Message 22/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

thanks dru. the track in question is The More I See You (Urban Flavour remix), by HOAX on Moving Shadow label, and is from 1998   good stuff.

Message 23/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

dru

I have the original version of that track.
But this one definitely takes the cake.
So who remixed it? I thought Urban Flavour is a label, is that an artist as well?

Message 24/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

dru

ummm, I guess you just told me that Hoax did it.
Well then, that's one of the best tracks I've heard done by Hoax.. not that I've really heard that many.

Thanks..

Message 25/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

influx

Mindspawn

its Mind's Pawn? FUCK ME! I was thinking mindspawn...spawn of the mind..

works either way I guess

Milan..what are the chances of getting one or maybe more mixes on CD? I miss good ol DnB mixes but have NO intention of spending $18 on the SHIT thats out right now.

Maybe you could swing me something?

Message 26/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

knowa

yeah milan I'd love a mix CD too. and I always read it "mind spawn" too. "ditto"

Message 27/36                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

dru

If any of you guys give me your addies, I can send you a mix I've done that you'd probably enjoy as well. It has an older flavor with most of the tracks being more intelligent. I've gotten very good feedback for this mix from people who really don't like jungle much- so I imagine that most people would appreciate it in one way or another.

cheers-
humblesouls@earthlink.net

Message 28/36                 Date: 20-Jun-02  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

xoxos

heh.. you guys should have read your 'sanctuary..' 'tales from the vulgar unicorn.' 'shadowspawn' was precedent.. pawn or spawn, yoo be th' juuudge..

ssh noone bloody tell where i got my name eh

Message 29/36                 Date: 20-Jun-02  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

influx

I still wonder about that one sometimes 

Message 30/36                 Date: 22-Jun-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

influx, knowa, dru, et all... i´d be up for sending some mixes your way. i guess i could lend a CD-burner for a day or two in order to do it. and i have to make some new ones first, since i recently deleted the old one to more space on the disk. could i send you my DT mixes?

influx, glad you like the style. i must tell you though... at least half the records in my mixes are current ones, so the good stuff is still available, you just have to dig deeper in order to find it ;)

dru, i think i´ll take you up on that cd offer! if you know hoax and that kinda stuff, then we´re probably into simmilar stuff.

knowa, wheres those tunes mate?  

Message 31/36                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

bump :P

influx, knowa, etc...

Message 32/36                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

okay... new hour-long mix should be up as i type this. my decks are falling apart but its still worth listening to, some good stuff in there. watch out for the fourth tune in the 1st part, i´ve been waiting for two years for that one to come out!

regards, M.

Message 33/36                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

xoxos

what is this? it's like lounge with breaks. it's adult contemporary d+b. find me some ghetto tech site. i'm gonig to get rich with hank.

Message 34/36                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

have you listened past first two tunes x? it gets nasty, trust me...

18 tracks, 60 minutes, give it a go...

Message 35/36                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

milan

bah, fuck it... its just that i´m leaving for 3 weeks and i wanted to do a mix before i left

Message 36/36                 Date: 09-Aug-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: milan starts a thread :P

the knowa

milan peep my track "hospitality". I think youd dig it.

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum