0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  12:24 AM   -   Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New track up. "The Fantasy World". Comments welcome all. Thanks :P

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

Hey sitar, how do u split names like that? Nexodus and Sitar? Nice track by the way, i enjoyed it.

Message 3/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

Cloud Nine

Yeah Sitar - nice track, might be better if was just a bit shorter though.

I've just done a dnb track too, should be putting it up in the next few days along with some others, so look out for them I think one may be of particular interest to you.

Message 4/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

sitarsong

Cool Cloud 9. You put up a track about a week ago that I've been meanin to listen to. I get all caught up in things. I'll look out for your new ones also. 6 1/2 minutes isn't really too long. I could've kept it shorter but 5 is about the minimum in my mind.

Paullyboy, I changed my artist name I think to Nexodus in my profile. "From" in the posts is my email addie if I'm logged in. Otherwise I type sitar in manually when I'm not logged in. I'm thinking of just changing completely to Nexodus or something else now that my tracks are approaching something that can be taken more seriously. Not quite there yet.

Thanks for listening guys.

Message 5/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  11:53 AM     Edit: 04-Jun-02  |  11:54 AM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

milan

youŽll always be sitar to us  

hmm... pretty cool. ok, your standard of tracks is pretty high lately, so no need to tell you i like it if i dont. so here it goes: like the intro quite a bit, but also find it somewhat confusing. i couldnt figure out which tempo it is untill the main beat. maybe if hats were more audible (which goes for the whole track i guess). breaks are not bad, especially since you probly programmed them yourself (right?). it gets a bit monotonous later on, maybe you could ditch that pad earlier? all in all not bad at all...

i actually like the style and all the ingredients in the track. i think you could just do a bit more variation with synths, switch them in and out more etc...

o/c i wouldnt be saying all of this unless i thought you could do even better  

good stuff, keep it up. M.

oh, and it got my vote  

Message 6/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

sitar

Link?:  Link

Woohoo! Comments don't matter so long as it gets a vote   Thanks Milan. It's good to post tracks here for the feedback. I have to start now spreading my track work across at least 2 weekends. I've gotten to a certain point with tracks and have to get to the next level. My drums are usually partly programmed and partly samples chopped up and partly samples. At the end of it I find my drums are usually too busy. More complex than they need to be. We all keep getting better around here which is great. One thing I like about this track is it has a fantasy sort of feeling or mood. At least that's what I feel.

Message 7/9                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

sitar

I thought of a melody to bring in and out. A couple actually. Maybe I'll be able to do that tonight after work. Should add something of more interest.

Message 8/9                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

marianimal

Haha! I played this & Manhattan Chill nice and loud in the common area of my place yesterday afternoon, and two of my housemates came over and asked what it was & said they liked it, including one who's been making some good dnb & breaks lately himself. Personally I think these are your best tracks yet; I really dug them.

Hey, can we get the option of "stream all tracks by this artist" on Sitar's page?

Message 9/9                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Ted 'n' Alice

sitar

Sure. As soon as I remove most of the other tracks. Believe me. You don't want to stream most of the other tracks. Thanks a lot for listening Marianimal. Nice to see you after a while too. Thanks to your housemates as well for listening. Encouraged.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum