0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The nerve...

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  01:10 PM   -   The nerve...

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just hate it when seeing such ads...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=879695316

One would think it has a golden oscillator.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

boo_meister

Link?:  No link

Really expensive, but looks like a really clean. Midi controlled filters? That's neat. Mine looks like crap. Battery slot is held on with tape.

Buy it for me!

Message 3/18                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

I mostly have sex after someone says that  

Message 4/18                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

boo_meister

After somebody says what?

"One would think it has a golden oscillator"?

Message 5/18                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

No, "Buy it for me!" ;) I'll let you off the hook though...  

Message 6/18                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

boo_meister

Mumble...

Well, It's damn expensive. Really neat mod, though. I didn't know it would be possible to control filters via midi. I wonder who makes it and what it would cost for the mod?

Message 7/18                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

Kenton has such mods but you need a control box as seen in the pic. A mate of mine had it done and alltogether the reserve this guy is holding is theft in my view... maybe a bit uptight to even post for that reason but I think the value of a TB-303 sometimes gets somewhat overboard... $8-900 is fair, hate seeing people starting to want $1500 and up for it ya know?

Message 8/18                 Date: 04-Jun-02  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

btw, Filters via CV actually.... they have five socket kits. There you go :

http://www.kenton.co.uk/productspecs/socketkitintro.html

Message 9/18                 Date: 05-Jun-02  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

MISTER 303

I've got the Kenton mod on my 303 hooked up to a Pro 2 - one of the inputs is straight to the VCF and you can control that with, say, the pitchbend. Just record the pitch bend as a MIDI track and away you go.

I f'in love my 303!

Message 10/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: The nerve...

influx

heh. I once met a guy that bought a GRIP of 303s when they were being blown out.

apparently he still has them, and just sells one off every now and then when he needs some $$$ 

Message 11/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

Influx, I trust I will be the first you let know if he sells one for a ridiculous price eh? ;)

Message 12/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: The nerve...

influx

its not someone Im in regular contact with.

but, sure...you got it...if I ever see a 303 for a 'realistic' price..you got it

but you have to realize that I will FUCK WITH YOU for even caring about such a stupid outdated piece of plastic

Message 13/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  02:32 PM     Edit: 06-Jun-02  |  02:56 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

No no no, not realistic but ridiculous - as in loooowwww.  And do NOT make fun of my 303 fetish please :P

Message 14/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

damn...

Message 15/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

Maarten

Sorry 'bout that, trying out the html basics and so on, and so forth.

Message 16/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  06:43 PM     Edit: 06-Jun-02  |  06:45 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

boo_meister

Outdated Plastic?

Eeeee....

They are damn expensive, but just so addictive to play with. Ever played with one, Influx? I would be quite happy sitting in a Log Cabin with a 303 a Distortion pedal and a delay/reverb. And headphones. And a prophet. And a drum machine. And a mixing desk. And And And...

They are a magical, mystical thing with bags of personality. Each one sounds different, y'know. I hardly use mine seriously at the moment (Still awaiting the acid revival), but I like to just mess about every now and again. It's always good to drag it out when I show somebody my studio.

Everybody seems to like the sound.

Message 17/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

influx

didnt say I didnt like the sound, Im just tired of hearing most of it.

mostly the high end reso 'acid' leads. blech

Message 18/18                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: The nerve...

boo_meister

I still like them for squirmy slippy slidey bass. Never thought of it as a 'lead' sound. More of a riff thing.

I like it going through distortion with the filter freq turned right up. Still the most exciting music I've ever danced to.

I don't hear it enough nowadays.

Oh well.

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum