0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Mixers at Clubs

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  09:43 PM   -   Mixers at Clubs

EcstaticHigH

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK, I know that most clubs use that $1500 Rane rotory mixer. My first question is what is so good about it, it just six channel, with Gain and Mix Level, nothing special at all. So what makes it so good?

My next question that probably use something else because there are no EQ's on that mixer, and I know DJ's at club use EQ's, so how do they control the EQ if they're using that mixer?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 02-Jun-02  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

milan

Link?: Link

total bollox mate! never seen a Rane at a club myself. majority of clubs (read: almost all) use DJM600/DJM500. so there.

Message 3/11                 Date: 02-Jun-02  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

milan

ah... meant to say "majority of clubs AROUND here". dont blame me if everyone uses a Rane where you are  

Message 4/11                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

EcstaticHigH

Link?:  No link

I am from Long Island, New York. Every long island club i've been to uses the Rane. Most NYC clubs use it(SF, Exit, LimeLight) and Buzz in Washington DC, which was rated the #1 club in America uses it.

Message 5/11                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

milan

outrageous... so i gather you´ve seen these mixers first hand? if so, then maybe pay better attention to the dj´s and you´ll see if they use any outboard or whatever (although i find it hard to imagine).

ahem, you provoked me to take a look at Rane webiste, and there´s your mixer: http://www.rane.com/mp2016.html

if you look it up you´ll see that you can attach a second panel to it which has eq´s and a crossfader.

lol. i thought they were gonna say "we have six channels of focusrite eq for our dj mixer". apparently not after all...

oh, and as to what is so good about it, i have no fucking idea. for one thing they sure are some ugly looking mixers... i think i´ll stick with my numark  

Message 6/11                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

Pongoid

It's supposed to be a copy of the urei 1620. It's supposed to have very smooth tapers in the pots, and extremely good, warm, clean sound. As to whether it does, well those clubs think so. The 1620 was THE house mixer since its introduction, and still continues to be so for the old-schoolers. More great sets in the house scene were played on the 1620, than any other 10 mixers combined. It was the standeard, and the Rane 2016 (to which you refer) is supposed to be the worthy successor. I love the 1620. For a long time, folks used EQ because the sounds of most mixers are not tat good. The 1620 DOES sound that good and accurate. These days DJ's use EQ to mess with the sound of a record more to be more interavtive in their playing, often to the detriment of the track. Fuckin wankers needin to stroke their own egos because they couldn't find the bomb records to begin with. Hee-hee.

Ape

Message 7/11                 Date: 03-Jun-02  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

milan

interesting history bit. did the urei come with a 1178 on the main bus?  

Message 8/11                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

djmojito

Rane - awesome sound quality, which is important if you have a well setup club PA. They last forever, they are reliable and you can add an EQ unit to them (to the 2016 I mean). I think they're pretty diffused in UK too, dunno, but Milan is right, in this part of Europe (Italy, Austria, ex-Yugoslavia...) DJM500/600 is a standard.

Message 9/11                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

milan

ha, like you would know about rane!?

gotcha ;)

Message 10/11                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

djmojito

Of course, I heard all that stuff from other ppl (infinite threads on differend dj forums), never used a Rane myself. I would like a TTM56 though...

Message 11/11                 Date: 14-Jun-02  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Mixers at Clubs

Pongoid

used the 2016. not a bad piece, but the Urei is still better. Can't beat that thing. Except with a Bozak. ;)

Ape

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum