0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: sequential circuits six track

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 30-May-02  @  09:56 AM   -   sequential circuits six track

chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok everyone here?

saw one for sale cheep. turned it on and the internal transformer emitted a fast ticking/clicking sound and blew out several fuses before finally dying. repairdude said it had been rewired for 220V (local power here) from the original 110V (its a american synth yes? so it WAS originally 110V??) and all he had to do was rewind it again/repair the transformer...

a) say he does get it up and running, would there potentially be a problem with the circuitry? it was plugged into the main circuit board when it blew...

b) is this a common problem with sequential circuit six tracks (overheating power supply) or is this the result of a shoddy mod attempt?

c) should i? would you? i like analog

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 30-May-02  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

xoxos

Link?: Link

i don't know how to do it, but yeah, i know it can be done; the internal power thingy is just there to send the right amount of power to the board.. there's no reason why it wouldn't work after that's been sorted.

if it's not costing you an arm and a leg, go for it! six trak is close to many people's hearts, even w/o the knobs.

Message 3/10                 Date: 30-May-02  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

chroma

xoxos: do you know if it did in fact run at 110V originally? it came straight off the boat (literally) from the US and it was already 220V..

im worried that we fried something that wont act up until days later...theres no warranty or return beyond two days

i just heard it for a split sec really but there was a hint of god in there

Message 4/10                 Date: 30-May-02  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

xoxos

haha you'll get your baby back   don't have one, but my pro-one has a switch on it for 115/230, so i guess the six is similar. psu any competent electrician should be able to sort w/o destroying your instrument.

Message 5/10                 Date: 30-May-02  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

boo_meister

I have a prophet five and it has the sound of god in it, too.

Mine is 110v, but I haven't looked to see if it's got a dual voltage switch. Would be great if it did cos I might be going back to England sometime in the future.

I wish more manufacturers would do dual voltage. Only Behringer appear to do it on most gear.

Um, not much help am I? All I can say is that if you're confident the electrician can do a good job of repairing it, then it's well worth having a good analog synth.

Message 6/10                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

chroma

mmm...i never knew how satisfying analog pads were,       hasnt blown up yet after couple hours *crosses fingers*

sorry ot: my father was cremated today 8 a.m. June 1, 2002, Saturday            

what a day

Message 7/10                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

xoxos

many consolations. glad you got the six back tho..   i intend to join you in that for poly signals thru a modular (one of these days.)

worth it just for that lettering..  

Message 8/10                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

Maarten

sorry to hear of your loss chroma.

Message 9/10                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

chroma

thank you. wasn't looking for sympathy just wanted to drop an obit...

mmm yess true poly analog...i thought it was gonna be a 6 monosynth kinda deal only (can do that too)

Message 10/10                 Date: 01-Jun-02  @  09:44 PM     Edit: 01-Jun-02  |  09:45 PM   -   RE: sequential circuits six track

influx

"One thing is over,
another begins.
One thing starts,
another thing ends,
again"

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum