0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++chartvote updated++

Viewing all 42 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  12:13 PM   -   ++chartvote updated++

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok ahem... you'll notice the frontpage chart has suddenly changed a bit, i fixed it - sorry it took time, but other stuff has been more important... anyways i sat down this morning with a a quality bazooka and spent a few hours trying to re-write the query & cracked it finaly by luck - it was a very complicated sql query for me at least anyways - to join 3 tables, count & total the totalvotes per listed unique track_id but only within a certain date range & group all included output columns ordered by counted totalvotes per id number... g-gulp!

anyways it's sorted & yes, KIKI is still at the top, but that is because it IS actualy getting regular votes every day, but without giving away the figures it'll only take a few extra votes cast for one of it's challengers to knock it off the top now.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

steve

Link?: Link

nice one k, I'm off to vote kiki off the top ;)

Message 3/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

lol   - you can actualy do that now with a few extra votes... he's about 10 votes in front of the nearest competitor.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

I'm gonna check it out to see what the heck you're on about :P

Message 5/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Jeez, Manhattan #4. I did vote for it earlier cuz I saw it climbed to 5 or 6 and wanted to see how many votes it had. Kind of a catch 22. And someone voted for Rising Moon. I like that track. I'm tempted to see how many votes it has. I'll just leave it though.

Message 6/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

gulp! someone's been busy.

Message 7/42                 Date: 25-May-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

PB8440

Link?:  No link

I don't get it k, what did u do?

Message 8/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

milan

haha! sitar @ number one! congrats! and same to GoM, wherever they may be... ;)

Message 9/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

steve

I'm sure damballahs around here somewhere ;)

Message 10/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

milan

*hush*

Message 11/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

steve

ok, I'm sure the mysterious individuals that call themselves 'guards of magog' are round here somehwere.

better?

now, lets bring them a shrubbery.

Message 12/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

what sad times are these when ruffians can say "ni" at will to old ladies.

yay! sitar's on top!

Message 13/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

DjMik

Hey I'm in the charts too! =) Or was at least a moment ago..

Message 14/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

How the hell did my track get to the top? I checked my email last night to streaming track votes messages. I a have a couple of friends who've listened in the last day or 2 but that's it.

Which reminds me, a girl at my job who listens to my tracks, pretty girl she is, told me she has a girlfriend who posts tracks here. She's gonna find out her friend's username, and she's gonna tell her friend that she works with the almighty sitar, sleigher of slayers, do-er of dewers, on it of monitors, gas of gastroenterologists, and punner of punishers, :P I'm curious who she is.

Message 15/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

..... and... purveyor of fine shrubberies!

Message 16/42                 Date: 26-May-02  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Forgot that one, my finest assett.

Message 17/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

dang, sitar's been bumped by a cover of an A-Ha song.

Sinds kort staat een nummer van mij, Dj Sealll (wel onder naam: PLAETE JO) op een internetchart op nummer 1, het gaat hem om een tranzy herbewerking van Take on me (origineel: Aha). Het is een korte, vocale versie die op de DANCETECH chart de nummer één veroverd heeft. De muziek is compleet Dj Sealll met erover de stem van Van De Velde Jan gesampeld, een niet te onderschatten zangopdracht. Hopelijk mag de singel daar de nummer 1 nog een tijdje houden.

you don't say!

Message 18/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

I'd translate for you but it's too early now and my views on covers are so that I would like to maintain my distance :P

-M-

Message 19/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

xoxos

that's not going to save you, any of you. i love you, i hate you et c.

Message 20/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Those are probably all puns so it's ok.

Message 21/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

wow, that track has accrued that much votes in a day?  

Message 22/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

You'll probably track those votes back to a lil flat country with windmills, hookers, tulips and weed to spare.  

Message 23/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Ack!

Message 24/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

wooden shoes?

Message 25/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Not exactly, I listened.... ;)

Message 26/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

more updates

I've added now a tracker which checks BEFORE each vote and enters it's PREVIOUS position BEFORE the next vote.

it needs a few days or more to get some data in as votes are added, but after that we can add a nifty thing showing tracks going UP or DOWN or just staying where they are...

hey we can even add one of those 'I'm on fire!!' animated flaming things to shows tracks moving up the chart fast!!....... er... or something...

*yawn*  

anyways i might add a CHART DETAIL link so you can open up a full-page detail chart showing all data...

oh well... enjoy..

Message 27/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

oh, I only added it so far to the TRACK DETAIL page in the music search section & linked from frontpage, NOT to vote-engine in the TRACK DETAIL page in the forums. Let's see if it works first  

Message 28/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Wish you had loaded the flaming last week. I don't know where they all came from but I had a lot of votes. The only problem with the flame idea is it would be so tempting to rack up votes for myself just to see the flame next to my tracks.

Message 29/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

damballah

or you could just stick the flaming icon next to gay diva house tracks, hehehe. ;)

Maarten, I meant wooden shoes in the land of windmills, tulips, hookers and hash. Anyway, off to vote "Psycho_Toddler" to the top.  

Message 30/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

xoxos

flames are tough, but for all your 3d modeling and now introducing 3d animation (err.. barring atmospheric media..) you let me know what you want, and it's yours, eh? top cat.

(i promise i won't talk like that any more)

Message 31/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Breakerbox

HEY K! great job you are doing with the site.. I appreciate it a lot...
Here is an Idea.. Would it be possible to put a link/button of some sort right next to the top 20, that will stream the top 20 to your computer... but not on media player, winamp, etc.. but when you click on it it opens a java app that streams the track with the name and the link to traCK webpage and tell you where it is on the chart and lets you vote for it in the same window and it shold have Skip track maybe FF,RWN functions... So it can play the top 20 or maybe random tracks fro genres in DT or just random.. and if the user likes it he can vote for it or not, if he skips it, it plays another track, etc..
Actually this sounds kinda hard to implement.. well I dont shit anyway..
Just an idea.

Message 32/42                 Date: 28-May-02  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

hehe, I said "Ack!" and I though you thought I got kicked by wooden sh.... ah, forget it...  

Message 33/42                 Date: 29-May-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

ing GREAT idea Breakerbox !!! - now THAT is what I call 'creative imagineering' !!   lol!

Message 34/42                 Date: 29-May-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

ok you now have a likkle movment thing... no flaming icons tho sorry  

Message 35/42                 Date: 29-May-02  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Yay! My arow is green!  >?

Message 36/42                 Date: 29-May-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

xoxos

i could do like convoluting toroid forms that sput out orange blobs for each vote if you're not stuck on arrows.

Message 37/42                 Date: 29-May-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

LOL!

Message 38/42                 Date: 08-Jun-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

admin

ok done another update, this is the last and now it should be more precise.

It needs a few days to add the new data - each track in the chart needs one more vote to set the feild before we can reset the chart.

After that it can show total position moves from the last vote previous position to the current 'post-new-vote' position, grand total votes, highest position achieved, and votes in last 7 days.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 39/42                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

k

still tweaking the chart - we need to wait until some of the older tracks get a new vote to add-in the necessary starting default parameters for the maths calculations, but here's the big MAIN chart which is partly fixed and shows more accuracy - the front-page chart will be updated the same soon and will show more accuracy for tracks re-entering chart which were previously there but went out and back in again...

Message 40/42                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

Maarten

Cool... now go vote for my older tracks for progress to follow! ;)

Message 41/42                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

bedwyr

i likey very much the new chart, it's much more fun now

vote robot!

Message 42/42                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: ++chartvote updated++

sitar

Just did mine. I imagine they're both voted out.

Viewing all 42 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum