0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ex7 sequencer

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 22-May-02  @  09:19 PM   -   ex7 sequencer

letmeblesshim

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having trouble recording different sounds. When i change tracks to record a new tracks the sound stays the same for every track. For example if i put a piano on track #1, then when i want to record drums on track two. track #1 turns inot drums as well??????????

please help!!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 23-May-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: ex7 sequencer

k

must be a midi channel thing - I don't know the EX7 at all, but either you are recording IN to the sequencer from a device which is set to output midi on OMNI (all channels) so what you are recording doesnt have a defined channel and on playback plays all sounds, OR, the sequencer can be set to output a recorded part on a channel but the EX7 tracks are set to omni (playback on all midi channels - whatever - it's definately a channel thing so check that.

unless you are recording from EX7 to it's own sequencer in which case there must be some sort of 'midi mode' for using the ex7 as a muylti-timbrel device rather than 'performance' mode which is for dialing up a single preset and playing it.

anyways, checkout the midi channels settings/setup in the sequencer

Message 3/3                 Date: 30-May-02  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: ex7 sequencer

boo_meister

Yeah, like k said, it sounds like you're not in performance mode.

go into performance mode and dial a different instrument onto each track. Then hit the store button to store it. Now go into either song or pattern mode and select different tracks using the buttons on the right.

That should do it. If not, you might be in some weird mode that I haven't gone into before because who would ever want a 1 part multitimberal workstation?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum