0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: dub delay sound using VST?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 22-May-02  @  06:51 PM   -   dub delay sound using VST?

Stvy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

What I;m trying to get is one of the classic dub effects; feeding back timed delay on itself - sending the delay o/p to a channel, and sending that back to the delay.

once set up so you don't get howling f/b, riding the fader and sweeping the eq through the high/mids gives that classic delay sound, changing and eveolving all the time, and you can keep it going for ever by riding the fader.

unfortunately I've found no way of doing this with a plug-in cos it depends on the ability to send an analogue signal back to itself. Unless someone can help me? Or indeed unless theres been a specific plug in written to do this?

Cheers

Stvy

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 22-May-02  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

use the tape delay on a bus in logic. automate the feedback. i'm doing it this very moment.

Message 3/10                 Date: 22-May-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

bedwyr

or the ohmforce ohmboyz plugin. dub me crazy.

Message 4/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

Stvy

Hi,

Thanks Bedwyr, you seem to be sorting out all me probs lately.

Cheers

Stvy

Message 5/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

Stvy

Hi,

Thanks Bedwyr, you seem to be sorting out all me probs lately.

Cheers

Stvy

Message 6/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

Brett

cubase has free vst tape delay, karolette or somthing. oh, but I guess you guys are talking logic. but for anyone else who may come across this, they can go to steinberg and download it.

Message 7/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

damballah

yeah, many plugs put a filter in the feedback loop, but I get ya, stvy, it ain't quite the same as what you're talking about.

Message 8/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

bedwyr

the logic tape delay can get pretty screaming though, but the ohmboyz one is dirty. then again i'm no dub aficionado, so they're probably missing 'something'.

Message 9/10                 Date: 23-May-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

xoxos

my analog delay (which is pretty damn crappy as far as analog delays go) doesn't put out much past 2-3k. maybe try some saturation/od/dist/granular thing after it.

Message 10/10                 Date: 24-May-02  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: dub delay sound using VST?

Stvy

hI,
Cool thanks all.

I tried to downlaod the ohmboyz demo but the page wouldn't display!

Thanks for all the tips

Cheers
Stvy

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum