0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Breakbeat from Manhattan

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:53 AM   -   Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New track up called Manhattan Chill. My first descent breakbeat track...I think   It's tough being me.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

influx

Link?:  Link

DECENT dammit!

Message 3/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

boo_meister

Link?:  No link

Downloading...

Ready to listen.

Message 4/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

influx

this starts out cool as allgettup, man! you like to use a lot of reverb dont you?

ok...at 1:09 or whatever..the first break..I would kill the 303/filter decay sound...and let the bass and drums groove...

ahhh..now the change came in..dunno..seemed a bit abrupt..it was like..the big sawtooth bass was comin in and it never went fullforce

probably a little too skippy for a dancefloor, but VERY cool to listen to!

one of these days I'll do a remix for you.

Message 5/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

boo_meister

Like the little breakdown at about 1:07 and then the kick in again at about 1:13.

I guess 'chill' must be as in cold! I was expecting a chillout track. Damn, I'm really on edge listening here - I was really expecting to relax.

...Liking the other breakdown and the pad sounds.

To be honest, this style isn't really my cuppa tea (I'm more into darkstep and hardstep if I want something scary and breaky) but this really put together with some really dark and brooding atmosphere. I am wanting to listen again, so I will - That's a good sign, isn't it?

By the way - the Mp3 encoding is great. My track sounds utter pants by comparison.

Nice track, geezer!

Message 6/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

Geezer here ;[

I guess I shouldn't have used the word chill in the title then. But that's about as chill as Manhattan gets. Thanks for listening Boo Meister. Yea the mix came out sounding perty good.

I know what you mean about a little too skippy. Gotta get that down. I've done a couple of tracks that were danceable. I usually forget to think in those terms until it's too late. Go figure. All good suggestions. Should've let the big sawtooth go for a while longer before the break. Would love for you to do a remix of it sometime. Would be honored. If you ever get your studio up and running :P Thanks for listening Influx. Hope you liked it all in all.

Message 7/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

influx

definitely did. I wish I could hear it in HiFi, and in person...sitting there staring at Sonar with you cuz I had some ideas.

Maybe "too skippy" isnt the word...cuz..you do have a solid "boom-bap" going..so...

Message 8/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

frostbyte

wow, this is fookin large man ! your sound improves on a track by track basis, very cool  
oh, deeep bass, lovely. gets my vote :D
oh, the neihbor wants it down now  

Message 9/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

xoxos

liked that one more than some of your others.. the little bits have conversations with each other, space and stuff. really i just don't like all that rackety claptrap.

Message 10/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

That'd be cool Influx. We have to get together sometime in any case.

Thanks Frostbyte. Hopefully that's the point, for each track to get better. Not much room for me to go the other direction. As for your neighbors, probably not their genre :P

And thanks Xoxos. I'm glad you like it. I like it more than some of my other stuff too. Rackety claptrap...you mean in some of my other tracks or in this one? Maybe a new genre should be in the list, rackety claptrap 'n' bass. That works for me.

Message 11/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

GT

lol!

Message 12/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

damballah

IFOWOIO!

Message 13/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

dissonance

Sitar...

pretty hot man. Diggin your break stylie. Now I see why the Ape doesn't want to put any of his stuff up here. I really would like to listen to this at the bitrate that it was intended to be heard at.

Nice sounds. I really enjoy the new pattern you drop at about 4 minutes in. Some of the sounds seem a tad overbearing at that point though. But those drums make it all worth it bro.

Nice track

dissonance

Message 14/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

bedwyr

i'm a happy voter.

Message 15/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

queasy00

hey...

i thought it was pretty wicked... the production seemed to come out really well...

i like the atmospheric sounds...

anyway, i thought it was missing like.. maybe something that's lead-like on the high end... i mean you have a wicked bass backing it (like, the bass never changes).. and i think it would make it really dynamic and interesting to hear a lead at first (i figure most people notice the lead instruments first  ), and then notice "oh wicked.. scope out those breaks!"... anyway, just a thought.

but i liked it
-j

Message 16/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitar

Thanks all!

Dissonance, nice to see you comin around more again. I'm not up to Apes level by any means. The lo-fi is ok for me.

Queasy00, I'm gonna pull that bass out for a while in it like Influx suggested. A lead would be a good idea. I'll see if I can make something work in there leadwise.

Bedwyr, thanks. A vote for me is a vote for lower property taxes, rent freezes, and cleaner streets. Oh. Wrong website. :P

Damballah, I'll take that as a compliment until told otherwise.

And lastly GT, glad the track makes you laugh  

Message 17/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

damballah

yep

Message 18/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

dissonance

Sitar...please don't get the wrong idea....the track was tight....it's just that lo-fi shit that gets me

dissonance

Message 19/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

I totally understand what you're saying Dissonance. Wasn't bothered by what you said at all. On the contrary, happy you liked it. Ape's been doing great tracks and live stuff for a while. I'd be silly to think I could be near that level. I want to listen to your stuff when I get a moment. Hopefully we'll all hook up again soon.

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum