0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Chaos in surround!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 17-May-02  @  02:53 PM   -   Chaos in surround!

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just seen this on another forum :

http://www.phonic.com/mm-mrs_20_30.htm

I can imagine doing some scary shit with that, cool. Isn't even that expensive.

-M-

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 21-May-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Chaos in surround!

Brett

so where did you hear about this? and what's the cost?

Message 3/5                 Date: 21-May-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Chaos in surround!

k

Link?:  No link

hmm, well i read their company bits and they seem to be heavily invested and trying to reforge a new brand identity - phonic stuff was cheap & cheerful before mostly to my recollection... alot of their smaller mixers now on that site look like chinese behringer copies (you can rack & rotate the sockets panel on one of them too like the mackie) -

but they look ok I must say for the smaller cheaper mixers!!!... it's a bit hard to see the eq from the spec's page, but they would have to really change alot to make a serious mixer... worth checking out I guess to see cos after all, it's just components and build quality mostly to get it right if you afford a good designer team... they might be quite good now if they got refinanced for a return from the grave, they used to sell alot of gear tho in local music shops in the Uk, cheap graphic's and small mixers & stuff like that.

Message 4/5                 Date: 22-May-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Chaos in surround!

Maarten

Was posted on a dutch synthforum with a price ind. of 1499 Euro's... couldn't find his resource on the price though. Could be lack of knowledge but I wasn't aware of surround mixers with reasonable consumer pricing and have been thinking of surround music making since reading my Virus manual. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers doing this?
And what would be the possibilties of bringing it to a live enviroment, what are the limitations to the sound-systems clubs and venues normally have?

Message 5/5                 Date: 22-May-02  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Chaos in surround!

bedwyr

i got a little phonic mm1002 for monitoring. it's cheap (80 quid), loud, and well specd. it's quite quiet too.

"super furry animals"* use sourround on some of their live gigs. they bring their own system. i can't think of a venue that's set up for surround.

*they're welsh, of course.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum