0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: build your own mixer

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:11 PM   -   build your own mixer

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am thinking of building my own mixer.
Does anyone know where i can find any circuit diagrams? Or does anyone have any experience/advice on building a mixer.
Cheers
Phase

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

Brett

I think I may build a rocket ship, does anyone have a spare solid booster around?

just joking,I was actually thinking of building a mastering mixer when I found out what they cost.

A lot of the engineers who do critical mixing, like mastering make their own stuff, monitors, crossovers , mixers, etc.

Message 3/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

damballah

Link?: Link

have you built something like a distortion pedal first? anderton has an 8 channel line mixer in that book of his and it's not that hard to expand that sort of idea to adding extra channels, busses, tone controls, etc. but whether you want to deal with the time and expense ...

Message 4/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

Pure Phase

Well i was going to build an analogue synth, but i think a mixer maybe simpler...

Message 5/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

damballah

ah, but analog synths you can get a module at a time in kit for from various places and not have to get into etching your own circuit boards and on and on. if you want to try, PAIA (link ^^^) has the anderton 8 in 1 out mixer in kit form for 49.50 US$. you could try that out and see if you were up to anything more involved.

Message 6/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

damballah

(btw, you'd also need the bipolar power supply too which is another 35 bucks unless you were planning on running it on batteries.)

Message 7/7                 Date: 10-May-02  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: build your own mixer

Pure Phase

Cheers for the link.
I probably wouldn't bother with etching my own boards for now, just use veri-board or something. I have a bit of experience, I built a midi controller keyboard a couple of years back.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum