0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: quality

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  07:03 AM   -   quality

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

after a long night coding i spent an hour winding down and lisening to tunes on the site.... pretty impresive i'd say, the variety is great!... it's like a sortoff John Peel show on the www heh heh.... I listened to a shortlist i'd created too stuff i'd clipped over the last few months and not really listened too much on cans, and i thought it'd be great to have those tracks in the order i wanted on a CD in the car or wherever...

what do you think?... we could make the peoples created Playlists output an order for a CD burn.... like burn 'em and send them out... do you think anyone would go for it?... mebbe we could do that & bolt on a credit card processing thing to pay for it... like 'support eh site' payment type thing?... it'd be a start to getting a full on label going... mebbe we could get the dancetech mp3.cum thing going and use this site to push tracks/votes there and those pages'd link back to here where people could buy a cd and not pay mp3.com heh heh...

could be done cos the custom playlists you can create already have an output which is switched off... that can mail the order or bolt to an order processing thing... it could also mail out all the artists on the selected tracks in the list so they know what's going on.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: quality

k

yeah... 'www-underground VII' - i can see it now   - you cant get more underground than that, active artists from around the globe pumping direct to the user... pure anarchy in fact   heh heh

Message 3/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: quality

sitar

Link?:  Link

Great idea. Why not let people know what dt peeps are up to I say.

Message 4/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: quality

xoxos

Link?: Link

i've spent so long trying not to have lucrative thoughts that i'm sure i'll get it all wrong if i tried (but i've got two bank managers in my family.. okay whatever)

sending comps out would prolly increase interest in the site, create an awareness that dt is a place for djs to find material.

i hate to see you swinging it all tho.. why doncha do something like..

shortlist some tracks say every few months based on you and your mates market knowledge, contact the producers, then everyone who's on it kicks in a tenner or so to be sufficient to run off one or two hundred disks, send 'em out to djs.. that's 1000% fair.

if that goes over well, perhaps djs wouldn't mind kicking in a few bob to subscribe to it as well. not a lot of money to be made as such, but it could accomplish the goal of making dt the place to shop for tracks, and the place for producers? i want to make dt work too  

maybe one day i'll get all my other crap outta the way and do a dancy bit here and there :p hopefully my tinnitus will subside by then..

Message 5/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: quality

k

well the idea qwould be to get a label to pickup that... pressing & dist'n

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: quality

sitar

I could see that all happening. That's a good idea for peeps to pitch in for it, but yea if a label picks it up that'd be all the better.

Message 7/20                 Date: 10-May-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: quality

frostbyte

there is a lot of quality here, no doubt (wich is why i took my stuff down, not to tarnish it, thanks knowa)
can't wait to be able to get my shit here, i hate downloading ! whenever i try a long download, it goes fine if i sit by it, looking at the progression bar. if i go make some coffe, it's interupted by the time i'm back grrr.

*****make t-shirts*****

m*a*k*e t*s*h*i*r*t*s

i'm mesmerizing you now  

Message 8/20                 Date: 11-May-02  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: quality

milan

yeah, K, if you want to make money for the site you should make those "smapler" t-shirts asap! i´m sure a LOT of people would pitch in for those!  

Message 9/20                 Date: 11-May-02  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: quality

Maarten

yup

Message 10/20                 Date: 11-May-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: quality

sitarsong

The t-shirts again. They'd be great but I think if someone else could work that out it'd be good. I can't speak for anyone, but I can't imagine K having the time for that on top of everything else. There were some mighty nice designs put up many moons ago by dters.

Barring that, I've been wanting to have one made in nyc just for myself, but I don't want to blatantly put the dancetech name on a t-shirt just on my own. "Kill All Humans" I would love on it, but I don't think it's going to be well accepted in nyc for a while after 9/11. I think the humor might allude quite a number of people here, understandably.

Maybe something like "Get a life ...get a Smapler...Dancetech.com".

Message 11/20                 Date: 11-May-02  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: quality

k

y-eees... Hey wait! - what if Nobody is really Ozzy-bin ! - he kinda went offline just before sept 11th!

but seriously - we could do that - but each time an order came in we'd need the master for each track listed in the users required compilation - THAT would mean shipping the wav file cos no way can we d/load or web-transfer 55mb wav tracks.... that'd be the problem.... we could ask people to send the required track each, but it might take 2 weeks for them to arrive and then the cd has to be compiled & burned and sent out.... that's a logistical problem right there - of course, once an artist sends the requested track, we have it on archive if needed again, but it's long winded way to do it & equaly we cant expect artists to send all their tracks as master wav files... that's alot of trust to hand out master files.

Message 12/20                 Date: 11-May-02  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: quality

Espoo2

Oh no... the DT shirt thing again....

I still like having the midi in out and thru ports on the front and dancetech and something about a smapler on the back....

I may still have that pic I did of it a year or so ago sitting around here....

{scuttles off to see if he can dig it up}

Message 13/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: quality

sitar

Yea that was a great idea for the t-shirt. Girls used to wear midi skirts I think in the 70s.

Maybe there could be a pre-emptive track list. The wavs for the tracks on the list could be sent and kept on file. Other requests would take an extra couple of weeks but you'd have a large body of them right off. True there would have to be an amount of trust but it's a brave new world. We have to be able to trust eachother if we're gonna accomplish anything.

Message 14/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: quality

Cloud Nine

Hi Everyone. I've been away for the last few days, so I'm just catching up on some threads.

Hey K, I think it's a great idea, and regarding the wave files, I don't really see a problem there. Why don't you just get people to upload a hi-fi mp3 version of the track, and then drop it into wavelab to decode it? If somebody hasn't got a cd writer (like me), there'd have to be an alternative way of getting the wave file to you.

Not that it makes a lot of difference to me, cos I doubt if any of my tracks would appear on a comp anyway. But it's one alternative I thought was worth mentioning.

Message 15/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: quality

sitar

Actually I don't have a cd writer either. Not enough IRQs. I have a rack mounted cd audio recorder, but that's useless for waves. Zip disk is the best I can do right now.

Message 16/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: quality

Cloud Nine

I could do a zip disk too!

Message 17/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: quality

sitar

Then again, by the time I get some tracks up that could be used I'll have had a new computer for a while.

Message 18/20                 Date: 12-May-02  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: quality

damballah

IRQs? we don't need no steenking IRQs.

Message 19/20                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: quality

knowa

frostbyte! when did I ever suggest that you remove your tracks?! you crazy.

"smapler" not the "kill" one. my friend makes these shirts (see link).

Message 20/20                 Date: 13-May-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: quality

frostbyte

no, no. not what i meant. i heard them elsewhere and realised they sounded shit (some nasty clips, a snare in particular)will try to fix that and post up again (if i can be arsed, might as well record new ones)

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum