0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Monkey Music

Viewing all 38 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/38                 Date: 07-May-02  @  03:29 PM   -   Monkey Music

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

More on the way very soon, including a live set. Possibly video as well.

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/38                 Date: 07-May-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

knowa

Link?:  Link

you look tough. can we talk about h/w sequencers in the tech forum real quick?

Message 3/38                 Date: 08-May-02  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

frostbyte

Link?:  No link

you have one wicked sense of humor.
that's gonna be a long download, sighhh

Message 4/38                 Date: 09-May-02  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

sitarsong

Classic! That's a great photo dude. Recognize the grin. You had to block your eyes out eh. I saved it to my hd anyway. My wife will almost be able to see what you look like. Will dl some more tunes this weekend.

Message 5/38                 Date: 09-May-02  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

xoxos

maybe i'll remember to d/l when i go give my plants a shower.

it's too big pongoid!

Message 6/38                 Date: 10-May-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

sitarsong

It's worth it Xoxos. I can sit here and listen to his tracks. Pretty cool.

Message 7/38                 Date: 10-May-02  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

xoxos

heh heh

Message 8/38                 Date: 10-May-02  @  05:06 AM     Edit: 10-May-02  |  10:12 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

marianimal

Yeah, too big is a matter of...time.

Message 9/38                 Date: 10-May-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

xoxos

good intentions only pongoid   my tinnitus is really fucked right now (after all the hiphop) so i'm not going for anything that goes boom.

Message 10/38                 Date: 14-May-02  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

milan

hey, look what i stumbled upon  

(see link above)

that guy has a nice mix featuring ye aulde techno, if anyone is interested!

hey Dissononace, is that Felix Da Housecat circa 1994 i´m hearing? hehe...

Message 11/38                 Date: 14-May-02  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

Pongoid

OK, I got the mp3's to my buddy. Yeah, it'll probably be a pretty enormous download, but it's the set, and I don't believe there were any edits to it. It's not perfect by any means, but it was fun to play. It was part of a set that my friend Stalker and I played in a small, but hip bar in Nantes, France. Kind of an early evening chillout electro/breakbeat set, with some wierdness thrown in for good measure. Hope it's up soon, and that you folks enjoy it if you hve the time to DL it.

Ape

PS, I'm back Stateside for the moment, so if any of you want to see me in your neck of the woods, turn the local promoter onto my site, and we'll see what we can arrange. ;)

Message 12/38                 Date: 16-May-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

sitar

Hehe. BlackCat knows your stuff but have they gotten a look at your site yet?

Message 13/38                 Date: 17-May-02  @  11:55 PM     Edit: 18-May-02  |  01:20 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

Milan....why yes it is some old Felix...That track (the Light) is by far one of his best, as well as Zeka's Solar Device! and it's in total contrast to the junk he's making now. Bad synth/retro pop. Ohh my ears!

Thanks for the shout! And please pay no mind to the tracks that are available there. I'm still super green, and frankly those weren't for anyone but the ape to listen to, but if you must..go ahead and let me know what you think.

thanks again

dissonance

ps... I should have those Pongoid gems up shortly...frankly with graduating from college this week I let it slip....maybe later tonight. nah, fuck it certainly tonight!

Message 14/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

The deed is done. Ape's live set with Stalker is now available for downloading, and damn if it isn't on some nasty shit!

dissonance

Message 15/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

influx

damn. couldnt that be made to stream somewhere?

Message 16/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

sorry but streaming costs dough....and I have none. or at least the server side support to do so.

dissonance

Message 17/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

Pongoid

Dissonance represent!!! Also liked the mix set. Well, it's a big DL, but it's all live. BTW, for folks anywhere near MA, I'm doing a gig with my buddy Obis Cygma at Asylum. Obis is a very sick lad, so I'm not even worried about how the set is going to turn out. I will be doing my best to wreck shop with him, and I hope anybody in the area will be in attendance. For more info, check out:

http://www.truecrew.com

The party is called The Ugly. Hope you all can make it, and also the download. We'll see about recording this one. Let me know what you think.

Ape

Message 18/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

milan

wicked! i´m downloading the set right now.

ok Dissonance, i wont comment on the tracks yet. i remember the sound/the producion was rather good, so keep it up. i guess you cant go wrong with ape there to mentor you ;)

cheers, M.

Message 19/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

It's true that with the Ape looking over my shoulder, it will be hard to venture off too far in the wrong direction. All of that is without the monkey’s oversight. So now that he's state side, things should start sounding more full and less like the skeletal remains of a track.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words Milan. I'll be putting together some more stuff shortly.

peace

dissonance

Message 20/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

k

you can add it as lo-fi streaming set here of course !!... you just need to be assigned as a DEEJAY user type which we can put you down as if you want to add it no probs.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 21/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  04:41 PM     Edit: 18-May-02  |  04:59 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

word lets do it!

dissonance

Message 22/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

By the way...there's a second part to the Ape's live set...and it has now been added.

dissonance

Message 23/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

influx

here?

hey..pongoid..how about letting homey burn some CDs and sell them for you?

I would pay!

Message 24/38                 Date: 18-May-02  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

my bad....to the link above... I should have made that clear.

dissonance

Message 25/38                 Date: 19-May-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

milan

erm.. somethings not working. i cant access the second file. but since i still didnt get a chance to listen to the first one properly, i guess i can wait...

Message 26/38                 Date: 19-May-02  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

k

ok dissonance, I upgraded you to also be a DEEJAY-USER - so you can now add longer lo-fi mixset files (6mb max filesize) - you'll see the new entries in your admin list - i just added it incase you wanted to use it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 27/38                 Date: 19-May-02  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

Pongoid

Influx,
We'll see. Rather than just quick burns for sale, I'd like to see about doing a proper run, with some edits in place, and maybe some video as well, to round out a nice multi-media disc. If folks are going to pay for it, I'd like to offer the quality that their money deserves, and that I feel I can deliver, because I know I can do better than what's there now. In the meantime, enjoy. There's more on the way as well.

Ape

PS, once again, big ups Dissonance, for all the logistical support.

Message 28/38                 Date: 19-May-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

xoxos

i don't know about you, but on my monitor there's one of them grid lines that runs across the top of the first line of that and it looks an awful lot like "just quick bums for sale."

i have nothing to add here, i'm just incredibly frustrated.

Message 29/38                 Date: 19-May-02  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

influx

GOD DAMMIT PONGOID IM TRYING TO GET AHOLD OF YOUR MUSIC DIRECTLY FROM YOU AND YOURE MAKING IT DIFFICULT!!!!

I dont care about perfection. Ill give you $10 for a CDR of the live set..and maybe you could throw some other tracks on there?

seems fair to me

Message 30/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

marianimal

Haven't been able to d/l the 2nd half of the set--it keeps asking me to try again later. But the first half sounded cool. Nice to recognize some tunes & hear them rendered differently.

Message 31/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

Pongoid

Influx, I don't want your money, just for you to listen and smile. Are you telling me that none of your friends has a high-speed connection, burner and drive space to facilitate this? I respect and am grateful for the gesture, but could not accept your money. Whether we have met face to face or not, you are a friend, and I can't do that.

Marianimal,
Glad you're diggin it, especially the live versions of studio trax. It's something kinda new for me, and I usually try to keep both completely separate, but it seemed like a fun thing to try so...happy listening and hope that it inspires. I'll look into the secodn half and see what the story is. There are definately some moments of chaos and cacaphony, but that's what happens with a live improv jam. ;)

Ape

Message 32/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: Monkey Music

influx

glad you caught the joke of that 

yeah. I could DL it at someones house. wanted to give you money though 

Message 33/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

K,
thanks for setting that up, but there is no way that I'm going to be able to widdle down a 65Mb mix set to 6 Mb. I mean even if I make it as low-fi as possible, I can't imagine that'll get much smaller than 25Mb.

And I'll look into the second half of Ape's live set. We'll see if we can't get that straightened out in the next hour or two. Sorry for the pause on this, I was watching some international football in person. The US National team versus Holland at Foxboro.

dissonance

Message 34/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

all fixed! It was a simple issue. I named the file one thing, and had the html another...duh!

dissonance, the retard!

Message 35/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

marianimal

Did you get stuck in the retardalator again?   Thanks for fixing the d/l.

Message 36/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  06:09 PM     Edit: 20-May-02  |  06:14 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

dissonance

As a matter of fact I did! If the Ape hadn't put it out I would've been just fine. But that track always gets me. So when I give it a good listen it sets me on crooked mode for a hot second, and normal function returns in a day or two. Sometimes 12 hours if I've had my vitamins.

dissonance

Message 37/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

frostbyte

what's wrong with giving people money for their music? i've been doing that since the tender age of 10 ! Have i missed something ? I'd rather give it directly to the artist instead of a "major" label, i tought that was the whole idea. you sell it for cheap but you rack in all of the profit.
great music for cheap souns like a plan if you ask me.
to every work it's pay fur'sake

Message 38/38                 Date: 20-May-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: Monkey Music

influx

essackly, Pongoid. The fact that we're peers means even more that I would want to support you!

Viewing all 38 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum