0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/29                 Date: 06-May-02  @  10:24 PM     Edit: 07-May-02  |  02:16 AM   -   paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just finished this. Drum n bass. Kinda dark and mysterious I think. Hope you enjoy it folks.

When the drums come in, and then again, you're gonna probably think "there's sitars' drums again". It's all intentional. Keep listening :P

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/29                 Date: 06-May-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

proximus

Cool drums in the beginning, exotic.

like when the dnb beat kicks in 0:58, and it's even better at 1:24

I think the track should be louder, the master could need some extra compression

It nice at 3:15 where it changes

I like the track but it would be more pumping with some more compression\limiting  

Message 3/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

Thanks for listening. I don't think I could've given it more C&L. I compressed the drums quite a bit and only wanted a light compression on the all around mix. Don't think it needs to be louder either. Maybe what you're listening on? It happened to me a couple of weeks ago that I thought someone's track was too low. Realized it was something at my end. The levels are at clipping edge. I could run PSP on it. I'll wait and see what others say.

Message 4/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

bedwyr

it is a bit quiet, sitar. not sure about those marimbas? at the start, but i'll vote for the rest of it. i'll listen to it loud tomorrow.

Message 5/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

cloud nine

Link?:  No link

I'm listening to it right now Sitar - very dark and mysterious! You've got some interesting sounds in there too.

The volume is a bit low, but actually I think it adds to the mysterious quality of it. You could try adjusting the frequencies though. I don't think compression would do anything for it. The drums at the beginning grab your attention. This is interesting!

Incidentally I've remixed Medici, so if you want to hear it, it's on my page, everything's much more audible now, and I've made some changes.

Also, I've got the PSP vintage warmer, after hearing how much you liked it. It's remarkable.

Message 6/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

frostbyte

sounds good to me, but it's not like i'm a reference or anything, maybe a tad less reverb.

ok, i know it's not my duty, but... it's paraphernalia :p

Message 7/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

OOPS. I knew the word didn't look right. Well it's 3 against 2 here with the level. I don't know. It sounds loud enough to me. The beginning is supposed to be quiet. I assume you all know that and we're on the same page. Thanks for listening all. Let me see if I can edit the track name.

Message 8/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

Woohoo! I fixed the spelling on the track. Phenomena was spelled wrong too.

Message 9/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

nothingnewhere

this is really good sitar. you seriously could release this i bet.

that the fs1r doing the vox pad?

Message 10/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  02:14 AM     Edit: 07-May-02  |  02:15 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

Yes it's the fsir. It's also that fs1r sinister laugh. I had to use it in one track. Thanks. I was thinking about you yesterday Nothingnewhere. Don't think I've seen you around very much of late. All is well I hope. Thanks for listening. It's coming along.

And you bunch of hooligans are right! The level is a little low. You just have to turn your volume up a little. Sorry about that.

Message 11/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

influx

you know for someone who always tells us how fucking busy he is you sure crank out tracks

this is my fave so far...voice seems a bit loud (btw..where is that from? sounds familiar)

Diggin the bass!

hey..ever heard Playford's "The Shadow"? I only have the "Process Mix" but FUCK ME is that one powerful sounding track. You otta find it

Message 12/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

The voice is the fs1r. So is the laugh. Yea I was thinking of you when I was doing the bass up. Want to add another bass at some point...when I'm not so busy. :P

Message 13/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

influx

yeah. call and response basslines make it even that much more interesting

again..something really cool to do..if you want a gritty grimy sound that still has lows...

make two parts..one hipassed and all fucked up (distortion or whatever...anything you want) the other lowpassed and mix to BOOM...but they follow the same notes/pattern

that way you can mash the hell out of the top end without losing the solidity of the low...

Message 14/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

Espoo2

Oooooohhhh..... I like it.... Nice track sitar..... Good stuff.... I like how the drums seem to fall all over each other when the second loop comes in.... nice.... Keep the reverb... At least on those paddy synthy things at about 2:50.... Nice nice nice!

It's probably just this lo-fi version, but something about the mix seems wrong....Not the eq... hmmm..... I'd LOVE to hear a hi-fi version.... Good job! I like what your Orbital and eastern influence does to dnb....

Influx: You said my last track reminded you of that playford track, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere though.... So if you don't stop raving about it, I may get fairly upset and cut your ankles off.

I, for one, WELCOME our new insect overlords.

Message 15/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

influx

Link?:  Link

dude. how could you NOT find it? It was one of the most played DnB tracks ever I think!

Rob N Goldie "The Shadow"

on Moving Shadow Im sure.

Message 16/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

Espoo2

Yeah, i got that one...
Just that mix, yo.
Grrrrr....

Message 17/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

influx

oh the process mix

Message 18/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

milan

yikes! cool track, those 6 minutes were over in no time, which is always a good sign. not a single boring moment.

kewl bass sounds which sit very nicely in the mix, especially the one which comes in at 3.10 or so. there are a few moments in the track where i´m not sure about timing of the drums. i see it was intentional, but it still sounds a bit too weird and makes me uncomfortable.

cool stuff, keep it up.

Message 19/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitar

Thanks guys. I'll try that out for sure Influx. Milan, I think I know what spot you might be talking about with the timing. One of the breaks with a lot of quick drums going on. It sounds in the lo-fi like something is not quite hitting correctly there but it's perfectly set in the hi-fi. Believe me. I don't know why except maybe the encoder handled it in a way that something in there is missing some frequency, making it sound like it's starting late. There's a lot going on in that particular place. Who knows.

Also I panned the second set of snares, that sound like garbage cans, left and right quite a ways. When the big drum riff comes in I brought them completely center. I'm thinking I should have brought them in but not all the way, left them panned a bit.

Thanks again guys. Love and need the feedback.

Message 20/29                 Date: 07-May-02  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

Maarten

Like what you did with the pitch-bended synth at 2:40 or so beautifull sound.... cool drums man. I normally start leaning over uncontrolably to the side and twitch my right eye when hearing d&b but have to admit I really like what I hear!

Message 21/29                 Date: 09-May-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitar

Maarten, thanks a lot. Thought I had replied to you already. Works been real busy. I'm not sure it's a good thing that you don't like DnB but you like this track   but hey, I'm glad you like it. I'm gonna rework it a bit this weekend. Have some ideas. I only spent last weekend on it anyway and this one is a keeper.

Message 22/29                 Date: 09-May-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

Maarten

It could well be that what very little I've heard of d&b untill now was of the less quality sort when I am lost at a party I souldn't be present at. This gets me thinking, I should pay more attention now & then. ;)

Message 23/29                 Date: 09-May-02  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitar

You should only go to "quality" dnb parties. Check Standard and Poors' dnb ratings before going to a party...the S&PDnB. Check NASDAQ and AME to see how dnbs are doing in the market before you head out to a party too.

Music and the stockmarket seem so at opposite sides of the universe, there's not even a descent pun to connect the 2 worlds.

Message 24/29                 Date: 09-May-02  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

k

it rocks!!!!!!!! - and the ambient stuff sound is amazing at lo-fi too!!.. truly.. it rocks!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 25/29                 Date: 09-May-02  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitar

Thanks for listening K. About 6 months ago you reminded me I have dnb listed as one of my genres but hadn't done any. Finally. Hehe. I've said it before. It's tough being me.

Message 26/29                 Date: 10-May-02  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

k

truly.... it must be   lol!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 27/29                 Date: 10-May-02  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitarsong

LOL!

Message 28/29                 Date: 10-May-02  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

knowa

this is dope. it would go down so well at one of the direct drive parties. they love this evil sound. good stuff.

Message 29/29                 Date: 10-May-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: paraphenalia for paraphenomina

sitar

Thanks Knowa. Where do these direct drive parties take place anyway?

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum