0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Almost classical

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 06-May-02  @  09:41 PM   -   Almost classical

proximus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Jello!

I've finished another track, this time it's a beatiful piece of ambient, trip-hop and kind of classical.. the latter one is especially in the end of the song.

I must be flooding the music tracks forum with my music.. err.. I know.. anyway, you gotta hear this one  

Everything on the track is EXS24 except from the bass which is from the Nova. I used some cool mellotron samples from a website I found in the tread "mellotron samples" in the sample forum. Awsome...

The mood in the track is sad and depressive, hence the title: Melancholy

I really really really want feedback on this one as I feel it's my best track ever. I noticed that the bass and beat seemed very silent on the lofi version.

70bpm

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 06-May-02  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Almost classical

Æøn

Link?:  Link

nice....

it had a nice feel...

thinking of that faithless comes to mind....but they are on another level...you might get to if you become really creative :-)

Message 3/5                 Date: 07-May-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Almost classical

cloud nine

Link?:  No link

Nice - very nice. Just one thing though, and it might be to do with the encoding, cos I know how it can alter the sound, but those drums are a bit loud, they need to be more in the background. I couldn't hear the bass at all, but so what - it still sounded fine.

Message 4/5                 Date: 07-May-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Almost classical

sitarsong

I got to hear the beginning of it and then it started rebuffering and didn't come back on. I'll try again tomorrow night maybe. Oh wait. There it is. The piano is nice. Reverb on a piano is always nice. Very good sound quality on this. It IS melancholy. There is something that sounds a little out of tune when the melody leads back into the beginning of itself each time. Something in the voices maybe. It might be the reverb causing a note to hang a bit too long into the wrong chord. It's the 5th that's doing it I think. Barely noticible really. Very nice track. Nice the way you ended it too. Sort of like a lonely teardrop.

Message 5/5                 Date: 08-May-02  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Almost classical

proximus

Thanks guys for listening I'm very glad you liked it.

The beat and the bass is too high compared to the rest and it is even more noticeable in the lofi version. I suspected this before I posted the song but I didn't want to tell you because then you would definetaly hear it. I thought, if they don't notice it, it's not a problem  

The choir may well be out of tune but I don't dare to try to fix it because then it might get even worse   There is one thing at the end of the piano melody and that is that the high notes are quite distorted, actually it clips. Really don't know why didn't try to do something with it..

Thanks for listening guys!!! =]

oh I'm getting back to bed now because I'm ill...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum