0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/57                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:27 PM   -   Supernova2 V2 Software?

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Wasnt there supposed to a new operating system for the Supernova II , version 2.0 ? I think it was due out yesterday?
Anyone heard anything?
Cheers

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

chris

Link?:  Link

Also interested in any info.

Chris

Message 3/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nickb

Dear All,

OS 2 is very near completion and is expected to be released mid next week after the bank holiday.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 4/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pure Phase

cheers mate - thanks for the update

Message 5/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Kalle

Why should we belive Novation this time???

Message 6/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

oh c'mon... i think after the stick they took they wouldnt say that unless it was going to happen... (hopefully)

Nice to see Nick still persevering to visit this forum too after the crap they took over the last year   - Hi nick!  

i think overall, given the last 12 months has seen some huge named corps go to the wall we should be glad Novation is still alive and got thru it... cos we get continued support for their products at least... I mean look at quasimidi!... also the updates are free in a time when the big s/w houses are all charging for their substantial upgrades... I'm sticking with them anyways...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/57                 Date: 03-May-02  @  10:42 PM     Edit: 03-May-02  |  10:44 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Kalle,

No matter how justified you feel talking like that...

Do you think you could perhaps take a minute to think about what's the most likely development if you keep complaining to one of the few people who actually work for a manufacturer that actually POST HERE ?

We lost Phill because of all the bitching (I know he left Novation, but that was later) - let's be nice to the ones that are still willing to stick around even when faced with all the abuse in here...

Message 8/57                 Date: 04-May-02  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

chris

Cheers Nick!

Chris

Message 9/57                 Date: 04-May-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

influx

Link?: Link

good call GB. no matter what the bitches say novation makes some steady product (altho the bass station was a bit flimsy )

the new stuff is pretty damn cool, and yes...Nick is the ONLY guy that posts here from a manufacturer (Dan Phillips was here for a while, but he took off)

I dont even own novation but I would love to see someone from access or jomox or something come around (heh fuck roland do we care?)

so props, nick.

on the other hand, though...from what I've read there have been MANY promises and not much in the way of concrete advances, so...you 'might' want to err on the cautious side and not say anything until it really is gonna happen! 

Message 10/57                 Date: 08-May-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Cyrex / FMC

Copy & Paste from NovationMusic.com:

-----
Today's News

OS2 imminent!
The highly anticipated new OS for the Supernova II series will be available for download by Monday 13th May.
-----

So, it's official now. The date has been set.
Only five more nights (here in Holland)
and it's there... heheh  

Message 11/57                 Date: 08-May-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

so, I own a SN1 and I know what the updates for that brought us (more poly, more sounds, new osc' waves etc) ... what's SN2 os2 gonna bring to the table?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/57                 Date: 08-May-02  @  11:02 PM   -   Nova II keyboard?

joakimperzzon

Hi all, am I just stupid or why canīt I find any patcher for my nova II? Ofcourse the supernova II patches work but...which of the other novaīs should I compare my Nova II with? I mean, itīs to new to be a Supernova and to old to be compared with at Supernova II. Am I just plain stupid? ;) I havenīt found ONE single user of the Nova II...I cant be the only one  

Regards

Joaquim PerZZon
The Leeloo Project

Message 13/57                 Date: 09-May-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

I own a SN1 and the OS's have been great. The last one took a while but was worth the wait. I was sorry to see Phil go and that whole incident about a year and a half ago with someone at Novation being the victim of it was totally obnoxious. That someone stopped posting here too. I haven't spent very much time in this forum for a while because of those kinds of things. Novation puts out great stuff and they come here to answer questions. They're working as hard and fast as they can on everything I'm sure. Cheers to the whole crew.

Message 14/57                 Date: 09-May-02  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pure Phase

Thats the amazing thing.
There is only one person at Novation... oh and a receptionist. He does customer services, technical engineering, the website, product maintenance and even finds time to come on here and take some abuse. Cheers geezer (and thanks for fixing my SN2).

Message 15/57                 Date: 09-May-02  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

lol!!... yup... Novation actualy are located in a shoe box in t' middle of road... every morning they have to get up and eat a handful of cold gravel .... etc

Message 16/57                 Date: 10-May-02  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Well, he's been getting up before he goes to bed because there's also a new soundset for OS2!

Regards

Murray

Message 17/57                 Date: 10-May-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

lol!... AND paying mill owner f'permission t'come t'work!...

Message 18/57                 Date: 10-May-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nickb

Dear All,

As Murray has already said, there is indeed a new soundset for the Supernova II which has already been posted on the site. This will load with some limitations into the Nova & Supernova.

For Supernova IIs, some of these sounds use new features which have been implimented in OS2, so if you want to hear them as they were designed, wait until the OS2 is posted on the site so that this can be loaded before the sounds, otherwise you'll probably find that have to reload the sounds once the OS is uploaded.

As the site states, the OS2 is due to be loaded by Mon 13th.

Best regards,

Nick Bookmann

Message 19/57                 Date: 10-May-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Kinetik

I can confirm that all work and testing on the SN2 OS2.o was officially completed this afternoon.

All being well, I see no reason why the OS cannot be posted on Mon 13th as planned.

As Nick has said, also included will be a new sound set. This will make use of the Supernova's 8 Program banks.

As well as fixes for all bugs (that we're aware of), there's plenty of tasty new features included. However, don't expect new Osc waveforms or Filter types....

Regards,

Kinetik. (Hey - there MUST be someone else apart from Nick & the receptionist after all !)

Message 20/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

TWO people getting up before they go to bed! Now we know the world is a safer place :-)

Cheers Kinetik

M

Message 21/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitarsong

Hey Nick. When you say the new soundset will load into the Supernova and Nova with some limitations. Do you mean the SN 1 and Nova 1? Or do you mean the SN 2 and Nova 2, the limitations being until the new OS is loaded. I'm asking because I have a Supernova 1. Thanks.

Message 22/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

me too!.... hey I'm coming to visit Novation soon anyways.... the truck is out of operation for the MOT right now tho!.... mebbe I can be the new Novation Tea-lady?.... and have a nice tea-trolly & cakes & wagon-wheels?  

Message 23/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Starsong,

I think all soundsets will load onto all machines but some may not sound as intended because of differences in OS, effects, FM settings etc...

Regards

M

Message 24/57                 Date: 11-May-02  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Cyrex / FMC

Kinetik, I really hate asking this because you guys are already working your asses off, but can we expect new osc waveforms in the future?

I was hoping that OS 2.0 would make the K-station and Supernova 2 more compatible, so I can exchange patches with a friend of mine...

Message 25/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Kinetik

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to release further upgrades after SN II OS 2.0 (in the forseeable future), so I'd say further Osc waves & filter types are pretty unlikely.

Message 26/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nickb

Dear All,

the OS2 file for the Supernova II Keyboard is now online. It is present as one zip file which has the os.mid, each soundbank.mid and a detailed readme pdf which has all the necessary info included - how to backup / verify / load and all the information on the new features.

This zip file was made on a PC and has been put up under a PC compatible icon. If anyone has a Supernova II Keyboard and are using a MAC, try installing from this zip file if possible. A StuffIt file will be made next week for full MAC compatibilty.

The rack II OS will follow over the next few days which will then be followed by the Nova II Keyboard OS.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 27/57                 Date: 12-May-02  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

chris

Shame about the lack of new OSC types - especially since Phil asked us ages ago (back when OS1.4 was new) what new features we'd like to see in the OSC section.

Looking forward to see what new features we do get though.

Top of my wish list would be the ability to use the outputs as effects sends, which would mean for example I'd use the main pair for all/most sounds but be able to send a configurable amount to the second pair which would be routed to my Lexicon MPX500 ('cos not surprisingley, I reckon it sounds a bit better than the onboard SN2 reverb). That would save on the inputs I need to use on my desk.

I guess we'll at least be getting all the SN1 features (about time!).

Anyone any idea if the ADAT interface is likely to land at some point?

Chris

Message 28/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

M, thanks. Are you with Novation? Don't know if I will try loading a SNII soundset. Would want to make sure first I'm not creating a nightmare for myself. Oh, I see EMU in your address. With EMU then? I have a couple of those too. I'll load the SNII soundset into one of my EMUs and really screw it all up then.  

Message 29/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Sitar,

lol!.. no I'm with myself mostly. I put together the SoundDiver adaptations for the (Super)Nova (II) machines in my spare time with invaluable advice from Kinetik at Novation, but no I don't work for them.

"Strawberry Emu" is my nom de production company. If anyone is interested you can have a go at guessing how I arrived at it. I'll think up a prize. The answer is contained in this post and it's nothing to do with E5000's and the like!

Cheers

Murray Webster

Message 30/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

milan

i got it. thats a good one  

Message 31/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Oh,

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog...

Message 32/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Er, how do you get that from "gb"? :-)

M

Message 33/57                 Date: 14-May-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

I didn't tell you my name, did I ? hehehe

At any rate,

- Go hang a salami, you Bastard.

Message 34/57                 Date: 15-May-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

gary barlow? :-) Just guessing.

Message 35/57                 Date: 15-May-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

You got three letters right in both the first name and the last name. That's pretty good...

Message 36/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

Hmmm. I'd have to be "is rat". Bummer. Thanks M. SoundDiver adaptation? That must be quite a challenge. When I got SoundDiver I had 1 synth. I remember opening SD's module for that synth, going to a patch and saying Whoa! Hello!, then scrolling horizontally for half an hour and still seeing filters or lfos or something.

Message 37/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Sitar,

Well, I didn't adhere to strict SD design standards, but I got the whole Program editor clearly laid out over two screens only and the Performance editor horizontally 1 part per screen.

A challenge? Yeah, took me three months to work out the sysex and implement most of the parameters for the editors in the absence of published sysex documentation from Novation. Michael Lauer had a starter definition and Kinetik kindly helped out with the arpeggiator sysex, general midi message info and with problems/OS bugs as I came across them.

I should be getting amendments for OS2 out sometime soon I hope.

So, what happened, did the first screen scare you off SD? I find it absolutely essential for my E5000, JV2080 and SNII, especially in tandem with Logic.

Cheers

M

Message 38/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

No I actually had fun with it for a while. I haven't used it much for a while and talking to you makes me think I should go back to using it for my XP-80 anyway and maybe for my Xlead-1 if I can find an SD mod for it. It's all pretty cool. I have an SN 1 so I guess couldn't use your SD definition for it, but the SN is pretty much up front. The romplers are more painful to program with all their layers.

Message 39/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Sitar,

I only own the SNII but I did adaptations for all the (Super)Nova (II) machines - the Supernova and Nova was more a question of taking parameters away. You can find them at the Novation link above under 'Emagic SoundDiver Supernova Adaptation Release 1.3 for OS 4.1'

Mark Hofland very kindly tested the adaptation for me - hey, give it a go!

M

Message 40/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Did I miss something here ? Would SoundDiver be useful for me ? I use a snii and Cakewalk (soon Sonar)...

Oh, and sitar, wouldn't "is art" be more accurate ?

Message 41/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitarsong

I likey. I guess artsi comes out of it too.

Message 42/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

There's a demo at Emagic's site...

Message 43/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Sure, but talk me into it, please ?

Message 44/57                 Date: 17-May-02  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

gb,

Where do I begin? As John Lennon once said 'Imagine there's no heaven...'.

Er, OK, it's a librarian/editor covering hundreds of synths including three of mine. The librarian allows you to store, sort, organise and restore your patches and you can store stuff together by project/song. I guess you can do this in a sequencer but it's more friendly and convenient especially with multiple synths.

The Bank manager (ha ha) presents the contents of the Banks of your machine and you can copy, move, delete and restore patches at will.

The editors present your patch parameters together on one screen instead of hidden one at a time in the depths of a a myriad of small LCD menus. Again it's horses for courses but I speak for myself when I say I like it - beats crawling on all fours to tweak my JV2080 and E5000 into life.

For Logic Audio owners you can import the current contents of your banks at all times whilst the programs are running together.

The SN adaptations are, of course, as super-fantastic as I could possibly make them :-)

Take a Dive! Well, if you want.

M

Message 45/57                 Date: 17-May-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

That reminds me. Make sure you don't have the volume cranked up on your monitors when you open SD. That diving sound sent me through the roof on more than one occasion. Another advantage of SD is that you can save all of the presets on your synth as backup to reload all or one at a time anytime. It's easier to manipulate patches in SD on your computer monitor than on a Rompler with all the layers of info on a little LED. Even finding a patch is easier than scrolling through the rompler presets. I honestly don't use it much anymore but should start again.

Message 46/57                 Date: 18-May-02  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Purusha

SD definitely makes moving patches around within a device much easier!

I've only used it on a mate's machine though (and on the freebie which came with my virus b) - I might have to invest in the complete version myself at some point.

Only downside I saw was that it doesn't seem to be very quick off the mark with new OS sysex changes.

Also seems that some manufacturers (Emu for example) haven't implemented a full sysex for all their parameters, so sound-diver can't do a complete implementation. I'm hoping that e-mu sort out the RFX32 on this issue, since the Ultras are screaming for a full windows based GUI IMO.

Purusha

Message 47/57                 Date: 18-May-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Purusha,

There are two concepts for synth support in SD.

One is a module like the JV2080 and Emu Ultra series. These are custom programs and are programmed by Emagic staff or paid freelance programmers.

Adaptations are programmed from a universal template by enthusiastic synthesizers-owners, such as myself, who make the effort and put in the time for free to provide continued support for companies like Novation within SD for the benefit of communities like this one.

In the case of the Ultra modules I believe Emagic have been waiting for Emu to provide them with Sysex documentation for years since the release of OS 4, let alone the RFX. Or, as you say, the Sysex implementation is not there. That may be being rectified.

In the case of adaptations it's down to when people such as myself find the spare time to update the adaptations. In my case I'm working on OS2 already.

These are some of the reasons why sometimes things are not very "quick off the mark" :-)

Regards

M

Message 48/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  05:17 PM   -   Te Koop : ACCESS VIRUS B

m.g.boerma

Te Koop : Access Virus B
Alleen thuis gebruikt, z.g.a.n.

Prijs : 1300 EURO

Message 49/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

blacktrax

Are synths that expensive in the Netherlands ??
You can buy a new Virus B here in Germany for 1280 €...

Message 50/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

heh heh

Message 51/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

What, somebody's cheaper than Musicians-Gear ? WHERE ? WHO ?

Message 52/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Stefan

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/smb_suche.html?SUBJECT=KOMFORTSUCHE&PAGE=1&SEITE=1&MAINPAGE=1&SUCHBEGRIFF=virus

I am not an employee of Thomann, this is just an example ;-)
As always, the Virus B will become cheaper after the shipping of model C.
Another german store offers 850,- € for your B if you buy a C for 1650,-...

Message 53/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

blacktrax

Oops, sorry, I'm off now from the Novation forum concerning Virus discussions ;-)

Message 54/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  10:18 PM     Edit: 23-May-02  |  10:19 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Thanks, Stefan.

I have a little bit of trouble reading German, but I was able to find quite a few good prices in their specials section.

Regular prices seem to be higher than at MG, tho. I'm currently looking for some relatively expensive studio monitors.

Thormann have a special on MSP10M at the moment which seems like a very good deal. On the other hand, the HR824 is a LOT cheaper at MG.

I wish I could decide what I want...

Message 55/57                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nvbakel

Hello,

I'm still waiting for OS 2 to be released for my Nova II..

Anyone out there with some info??

NvBakel

Message 56/57                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Bastiaan

It usually takes a few years.

Message 57/57                 Date: 15-Jun-02  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nvbakel

I know novation is a little bit slow sometime.. But Nick made the following statement..

------------------
The rack II OS will follow over the next few days which will then be followed by the Nova II Keyboard OS.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.
------------------

OS 2.0 for the SN II R has been released.. so I was hoping the NOVA II version would take a week or two more..

Maybe Nick could give me an update??

Thank you  

NvBakel

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum